Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-22-2014, 05:53 PM   #1
Slide Issues

Hi everyone. I have a couple questions but will post them in different threads, they are different topics and i really need specific advice.

The first one is slide issues we are having. Let's begin. We are new RV owners, July 2014. We purchased a 2006 Beaver Monterray Languna IV. We have had the rig out 5 times. I am sorry if i am long winded but trying to make my point. Normally we have not had an issue putting any slides out, until yesterday. We have had issues with the Passenger Back (PB) slide coming in. We typically put them out from the back and bring them in from the back. What we learned on our trip in Nov is that the PB slide has issues coming in if we still have out the Passenger Front (PF) slide. So we now pull the PF slide in first and have no issues with the PB slide.

Yesterday we took the rig to put in storage after our trip. We open all the slides so i can vacuum. This is the first time we had issues getting the slides out. I think the PF went out first, then the PB slide would not move at all. The Drivers Back (DB) slide did manage to go out all the way but struggled. The Drivers Front (DF) slide went out almost all the way except for 6 inches. Then it just stopped it would not move. Thankfully at the storage place but still needed the slides to go in to put it in the building. I cleaned as best I could. We then brought the PF in first, and miraculously the PB slide would move but we brought it back in. Then the DB slide came in with no issues. Finally we went to the stuck DF slide and it moved. It went out and came all the way back in. We were able to move the rig inside.

My question, what the heck is wrong? It seems that the PF needs to be the last slide out and first slide in, but why? I am concerned as we are taking it out on Jan 3 and i am concerned about opening the slides. I am afraid they won't close. Should i get it to a mechanic? Get a mobile mechanic? Suggestions?

malsbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
What is the state of your batteries? I don't have slides but everything I've read is that you must have fully charged batteries and in some things I've read the mh should have the engine running.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood SC
2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
You have not said what system you have for the slides. Answers would be different if they are electric or if they are Hydraulic.
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:34 PM   #4
Thanks, sorry i think they are hydraulic. Of course i am not entirely sure so i guess i have to look that up. Hopefully it is in the manual but have not found the manual overly helpful. Ok checked the manual and it says hydraulic. I will mention yesterday we were using the generator and not shore power. Not sure if that makes a difference. I am also not sure how to make sure the house batteries are charged. I think that is the inverter and it is something i forgot to check. That power system is driving me insane. I am fine with hooked to shore power but i am not sure i have the inverter/converter set properly. I wonder if i am charging the house batteries when i am connected.

I am sorry i am such a duffus.

Thanks for all the help.
malsbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:41 PM   #5
If you have HWH jacks and hydraulic slides, please remember to lower a jack before you try to operate the slides. The control panel needs to have at least one (red) LED jack indicator lit up or it will interrupt slide operation.
2003 Alpine Coach 40MDTS - 400HP Cummins ISL
Can Am Spyder Roadster
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:41 PM   #6
You'll most probably receive more specific and in-depth help if you join BAC (Beaver Ambassador Club).
Bill, Sandy & our GSP Lilly
Bill Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:56 PM   #7

Just a wild guess but it sounds like your hydraulic system is low on fluid. To check the fluid level make sure all hydraulic slides and levelers are retracted first.

'02 Ultimate Advantage 40J Spartan MM - Cummins ISC
2013 Jeep Rubicon JK Unlimited
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote