Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #1

slide lock

This is my first time to post anything, and i am not sure this is the right place. Anyway I will ask my question, and if this is not the place, someone let me know. I have a 2005 Storm 31W. I cannot find the travel lock on and off for the slides. The sticker by the entry door refers to them but does not say where it is. I am afraid the slide will not come in at some point, and I won't know how to manually put them in. If anyone can answer this I sure would appreciate it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
A slide lock is a 2-3 ft long adjustable bar. It is used to lock in the slide while traveling. If you bought your MH used, they might have been lost before you bought it.

Have you had your slides out?

Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #3

slides lock

yes i have had this motorhome since it was one year old. i have had the slides out and in many times. The lock i am looking for is supposidly accessable through a cover. This cover is what i am trying to find. It is possible I am looking for the wrong thing. The sticker says it has a travel position, or on position, and an off position so it can be moved manually.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
You might identify what coach you have to get a better response. In our search of coaches I've only seen the bar mentioned above.

Whoops, just reread your first post. Sorry.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
I have a 2012 Thor Challenger with slide locks. As mention by Davdeb1, they are 2-3ft adjustable bar that go between the closed slide and the interior wall. When I took delivery they weren't installed and was never told that I needed them. Looking through the owners manual I saw that I was suppose to have them. This was all new to me, as my 08 Fleetwood didn't need them.
Gus & Debbie
2012 Challenger 37DT
08 Saturn Vue Toad
Harley Ultra
Old 06-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #6

Thanks for the input. You said your 08 Fleetwood didn't need them. I don't think my 05 needs them either. did you ever have to put the slides in manually? That is what I am trying to figure out how to do.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
No I never tried to retract the slides manually.

Tags
slide