Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Slide locks

i just purchased a new Thor Daybreak. since i previously had an old Bounder without slides, i"m new at it with this new coach. the dealer did not mention slide locks during the orientation, but indicated there was an automatic brake that if it failed to release, one could remove a module and have a bunch of guys help push the slide back in. i've read where some coaches have locks. do they all? if so, where are the locks typically located and how do they operate? my slides work great, even during our last 3000 mile trip, but I'm worried about this lock issue.
gman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #2

I have a Damon Challenge mfg by Thor, the slide lock on mine is located on the living room slide to give some added insurance that the slide will not move while the vehicle is in motion. All the slide lock is, is an adjustable bar that fits behind the driver seat that wedges the slide so it can not be extended unless it is removed. Hope this helps.

Safe travels

Richard

Neko & Nilla
rbracing60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
My rig has a cheezy lock design, a nylon strip with a buckle that clips to a little chrome hoop on the floor. I kept stepping on the hoop, so I pulled the screws and tossed it, so I don't use the lock.
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I can't beleive you started this thread today, My wife and I were just talking about this. We put new carpets in and had to adjust the slide up as high as we could to tuck the new carpet under the slide all the way. After puting it back where it was we were wondering if people used the safety strap to hold slide in. We don't use it, our slides are hydraulic, if that means anything. We've only had the MH for 1 camping season so still newbies. The strap isn't much but.........?
Old 04-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Slide locks are used when the slides are closed. Its an adjustable bar that goes in between the slide and the outside wall, it keeps the slide from rattling while your driving.

I just purchased a Challenger, the dealer never told me or gave them to me. I'm wailting 3 weeks for them to be shipped from Elkhart. At least thats what Camping World said.
Hope this helps.
Gus
2008 Saturn Vue Toad
2001 Harley FLHTCU
GJHD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide