Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Slide not secure when traveling

I have a 2012 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43 QGP and the PSR slide works out about 3” when traveling. I’ve had it parked with the slide in for about a week and the slide has worked out about 1”. Has anyone had this problem and how involved is the repair? Thanks
rvguy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2017, 04:41 PM   #2

....assume it is hydraulic only with no mechanical lock--eg, HWH slides are held in place with hydraulic pressure. Allow pump to load up a bit [like I sec] after slide closes shut. If it still creeps out, could be a leaking hose connection or slide closing solenoid on the pump manifold......
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:53 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks, it is Hydraulic. I’m assuming that it’s a bad solenoid, I’m just not sure where it’s located. Maybe time to call an expert.
rvguy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:08 PM   #4

If the oil reservoir gets too low, it's possible to get air in the system. The only way to purge air is by system operation and refilling oil as necessary. The correct oil level is 1" from top of reservoir when jacks are up. Welcome to HWH Corporation
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:24 AM   #5

OK--with the jack up [one-direction cylinder] and driving down the road--the chances of the reservoir being that low are pretty slim--besides the slide actually closed and then creeped out....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old 12-11-2017, 05:52 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
I didn't see any information on the HWH link provided by Ray-IN so ill chime in with the suggestion from my equalizer hydraulic system. They basically give you a procedure to bleed the air out. Mine was drifting and after doing the bleed it still drifted. A call to equalizer and i was told some have had to do the bleed procedure 3 or 4 times. Worked for me.

Before doing whats recommended for MY slide you should give HWH a call for guidance.

Click HERE
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:32 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
The slide solenoids are the larger of the two types of solenoids that HWH uses. They are used in pairs for each hydraulic slide. I watched the guy diagnos mine and he just touched them to figure out which ones were opening and closing when the slide was opening and closing. Anyway, best if they are replaced in pairs and it is very easy to do.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:53 AM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Never had that problem! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:10 PM   #9

...brace yourself---response time for HWH tech line is usually 10-14 days....Kind of thinking the large solenoids are for jacks [usually 4--one for each jack]; and the slides are smaller solenoids and matched in pairs....might try cycling the slides a couple times --lock to lock....but to me, sounds more like a pressure leak down than an air in line issue.....
New Braunfels, Texas

Tags
slide, travel