Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2015, 08:55 PM   #15

...the Slow Blow fuse on the slide controller is 25A but as the center portion is not clear I cant tell if it's toast or not. Is it possible that it's just on it's way out which could explain it working intermittently?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2015, 09:30 PM   #16

Don't ever rely on a visual inspection of a fuse. You need to pull the fuses out and check them with an ohm meter. That said, the fuses are most likely okay. If a fuse was bad, you wouldn't get any movement at all. Your controller is the most likely suspect. It is probably erroneously sensing an over-current condition and stopping the motor prematurely.

If you can find a way to measure the current drawn by the motor, it will tell whether the motor is drawing excessive amperage or the controller is in error.

ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:40 PM   #17

Yes, I managed to find the Power Gear Trouble Shooting guide for this Control Box (140-1163). The Slo Blo fuses are 25A and I just put them both on a meter and got 0.00 so they're fine.

I guess the next plan of attack is to follow their trouble shooting flow chart with a meter.

Darn this is frustrating as one minute it works and then it just clicks and doesn't move. If nothing else at least this thread may help someone else out too...
Old 03-14-2015, 11:37 AM   #18

Good Morning...fresh head, new start.

I've taken the 6 wire molex connectors off both the slide control boxes. I put that the bedroom connector on 'both' of the slide control boxes and the bedroom slide functions on both.

Conversely, I've taken the front dinette slide 6 wire connector and tried it on both of the control boxes with no success.

This tells me that both slide control boxes function fine.

Now in my massive owners binder there is an additional pamphlet for a Power Gear Slide Out Sensing Controller. In an on line Power Gear trouble shooting guide it says that if the room will not move in or out you can adjust the control pot switch.

Now if that pamphlet is in my binder I would assume I have that component. I assume it is a physically separate component than the slide controller box 140-1130 which has the six wire molex connector and slow blow fuse on it. If so, where in the heck would this S/O Sensing Controller be?? It's sure not in the front passenger compartment with the other box.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:05 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
The box with the pot adjustment could be anywhere unfortunately.
For example on my 2003 DSDP, for the front slide it is on the back wall of the pantry - the pantry is only about six inches wide (with sliding drawers) and I have no idea how I would get a screw driver all the way to the back wall and make a minor adjustment. My arm is simply not long enough.

The one for the bedrooms slide is easy to get to, it's in one of bedroom cabinets.

Hopefully someone with the same model has located theirs and can pass it along.

Chris
Old 03-15-2015, 12:45 PM   #20

Slide Out Sensing Controller Location

I've tested the two Power Gear Motor Control Modules (140-1130) with the working bedroom slide. When I went through my owners binder I came across a pamphlet for the Power Gear Slide Out Sensing Controller. It allows for adjust for trip settings for the slide outs and another poster in my slide out thread said that one of his slides stopped working and the tech showed him how to adjust the setting and the problem was solved.

Now I assume if I have the documents on this component it must be here somewhere but where? They're not in the front passenger compartment where the BCC and slide motor modules are. His were in two separate locations in cabinets.

Hoping someone might have some suggestions....

Thanks....Ron
Old 03-15-2015, 01:20 PM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Re Screwdrivers... IF you can see the adustment without a mirror

I have screwdrivers 3 feet long.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:55 PM   #22
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Slide Out Sensing Controller Location

Here's a link to troubleshooting the 140-1130 relay.
http://support.powergearus.com/techdocs/82-S0302-00.pdf

FW may be able to assist in pointing you to it. 800-322-8216.
Power Gear techs are available via email and respond quickly. If you emailed them today you'll have a response early tomorrow morning.
info@powergearus.com .
They may be able to walk you through this. They've been very helpful in the past. Good luck

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:59 PM   #23

Thanks Cliff, I'll call both of them in the morning. It's a bit of a headache to say the least when one is working and not the other.

There are a couple of other tests I want to do prior to calling but it's pouring out right now and not conducive to metering etc while lying on the ground...

Out of the 50 or so attempts it has only moved a handful of times and half of those extremely slowly laboring away which is why I tend to think it's a voltage thing. Each time I press the in/out momentary rocker switch I hear the motor click (brake/solenoid?). That is one of the things I have to test tomorrow, voltage at the motor when pressed.

I do wonder at times if it's the motor however from what I've read, having the motor be the problem is unusual.

Ron
Old 03-15-2015, 03:04 PM   #24
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The techs at Power Gear will be helpful ( they have been in the past ) . Please remember they don't have phone assistance. Use the email address I gave you.

Old 03-15-2015, 03:55 PM   #25

....email gone, thanks Cliff
Old 03-15-2015, 04:12 PM   #26

Sent an email to Power Gear with all info. They responded very quickly suggesting the motor is 'amping' out and asked for the controller box model number.

That info has been sent away with further updates on my efforts.

I'll keep the thread posted on updates.....thanks again guys.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:41 AM   #27

Power Gear support is indeed prompt, when I passed on that both slide controllers are beside each other and that the bedroom slide works fine on either one but the living room works on neither the focus is now on the wiring harness or the motor.

Just have to get the part number of the motor so they can look up how many amps it should be pulling and go from there.

As the slide worked normally the few times I tried when I hooked a 12v battery directly to the motor connection I may get on my back and follow the wiring harness from where it leaves the front passenger compartment and winds it's way around the chassis underbelly to the motor to see if there's any incursion into the flex sheath around the two wires to the motor.

I hope it's not the motor.....$$$$
Old 03-16-2015, 08:46 AM   #28
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Glad to see they're still as prompt and efficient as always. They may only communicate via email ( but will call you if need be ) , they're quicker then most other techs in a phone service call.

Tags
cat, slide, slide out