Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2016, 05:02 AM   #1

Slide out retraction issue

The living room slide out on my 2005 Bounder struggles to start sliding in. The motor is barely able to move it to the point where the slide out floor is raised up to clear the MH floor, sometimes it just stalls out at this point. Once it's past this part it works ok.

I'm not sure what the actual mechanism that raises it up looks like at the front end. Is there some point where I could add some silicone or other lubricant to help it raise up?

Charlie
Bloodyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2016, 07:34 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We used ProtectAll #40003 slide out dry lube on our balky slide. It worked......
Old 04-18-2016, 08:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
We used ProtectAll #40003 slide out dry lube on our balky slide. It worked......
I applied some of this to the part of the gears closest to the chassis when the slide was extended. Do you just use it on the gears? I'm wondering if there is another spot that needs attention. The front runners of the slides look like they have white nylon pieces that are pushed up to clear the MH floor. It's during this raising up part the the motor struggles, so I'm looking for a way to make that part easier.

Charlie
Old 04-18-2016, 12:26 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
If you can see where it starts to rise up and can get to it I'll try a dry lube or wax from a candle and see it it helps can't hurt anything unless the lube would stain rug if one is under it.
John Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 01:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne View Post
If you can see where it starts to rise up and can get to it I'll try a dry lube or wax from a candle and see it it helps can't hurt anything unless the lube would stain rug if one is under it.
That's what I was thinking, except yes, that part contacts the carpet when it slides in, at least I think it does.

I'd like to see some sort of illustration that shows what actually raises the mechanism up when it starts to retract. All that stuff is covered up.

Charlie

Tags
slide, slide out