Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-26-2016, 01:21 PM   #1
Slide out Seal

Good afternoon folks,

I have a question related to one of my slide out seals. It has torn, and it need to replace it. It appears to be one piece with a small extention on each end about 1 - 2 inches.

I have no problem replacing the seal, or even making my own, my specific question is where to buy the rubber.

I need two strips that are about 3/32 thick by 2 inches wide by aprox 6 feet long.

Will attach a picture when I take one layer today.

2006 Damon Daybreak, bedroom slide seal.

2006 Damon Daybreak 3272 w/F-53 @ V10
Redapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2016, 01:23 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here's a link to some previous threads which may assist.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:09 PM   #3
Uni-Grip Inc.
Dale&Susan, 08 Alfa Gold, DaGirlsRv,
KoKo(Rainbow Bridge)&Della(Rainbow Bridge) 08 Jeep Liberty_Solar_940W Solar_660 AmpHr
gatorcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:06 PM   #4
Thanks all. Looked at the links, but that all had different shapes to the rubber. This is just a flat piece of 3/32 rubber.

As you can see from the pictures, this piece of rubber is attached at the top and bottom with a small block and flows between the slide wall and the rv wall. The seal had ripped toward the top and the other side is about to go.

Looks easy enough to replace, but all I could find was sheeting 36 inches wide x 12 feet at grainger for 230 bucks, way more than I want to spend.

Any help where I could find this flat rubber would be appreciated. Already checked Home Dapot, Lowes etc...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1466992916256.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	131405   Click image for larger version

Name:	1466992933932.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	131406  

2006 Damon Daybreak 3272 w/F-53 @ V10
Redapple is offline   Reply With Quote