Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2017, 07:00 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Slide out starts to close at random

We have a 2005 Monaco Windsor that will at times start to close on its own. Has anyone else had this problem?
ternan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2017, 05:30 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sitting, moving, engine on, off? Need more info.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:32 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ternan View Post
We have a 2005 Monaco Windsor that will at times start to close on its own. Has anyone else had this problem?
Welcome to the group.

Give me more information. What floor plan do you have? I might have a couple ideas, but I don't want to start rambling on if it doesn't apply to you.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:17 PM   #4

Had that happen on my Newmar a couple of times. Others have reported the same thing.

Seems it's an Intellitec slide controller issue -- if the controller gets the right kind of transient, the slides start operating.

Myself and others just remove the slide out fuse when slides are not operating. Suggest you do the same.
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:52 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our coach is the model with four sides. This happens mostly when it's sitting and rains. Recently we realized that the compartment that has the relay module in it has no gasket in it, therefore allowing the compartment to get wet. We tried different types of gaskets, but didn't work. This compartment has a curved edge where the gasket needs to go. Tried to find out the part # from Monaco for our specific coach, but they said they didn't have one because its no longer being sold.

We have already removed the 5 amp fuse for the slide and it still closed on its own.
But, we can't close or open any of the four slides on our own with that fuse removed.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:22 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Our coach is the model with four sides. This happens mostly when it's sitting and rains. Recently we realized that the compartment that has the relay module in it has no gasket in it, therefore allowing the compartment to get wet. We tried different types of gaskets, but didn't work. This compartment has a curved edge where the gasket needs to go. Tried to find out the part # from Monaco for our specific coach, but they said they didn't have one because its no longer being sold.

We have already removed the 5 amp fuse for the slide and it still closed on its own.
But, we can't close or open any of the four slides on our own with that fuse removed.
Which model? I looked at the monaco brochures for that year and they have several models with 4 slides. One is a 38' and I think 2 were 40'.

Is the slide that is possessed next to your refrigerator? I don't think any of those models had the frid in the slide, but I might be wrong.

(for what its worth, I had something very similar happen to me. Just trying to get info from you to see if your conditions are the same before I send you on a wild goose chase)
Old 06-22-2018, 06:44 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a 40'. The possessed slide is next to the refrigerator, but the refrigerator is not in the slide.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:50 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank you for your response.
We have a 40' 2005, Monaco Windsor. The problem slide is next to the refrigerator, but the refrigerator is not in the slide.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Thank you for your response.
We have a 40' 2005, Monaco Windsor. The problem slide is next to the refrigerator, but the refrigerator is not in the slide.
OKay. Same as mine. frig is NOT in slide. I wonder if you have the same issue as I had. It's a long shot, but worth mentioning.

All my wiring that goes into that slide, run behind/next to the refrigerator. The refrigerator bottom corners had worn off some insulation on the wiring and shorted them out, causing the slide to operate on it's own randomly. I'm not sure how your fridge is installed. I have cabinet space under it and If I take the panel off the cabinet, I can see quite a few wires going up along side the fridge.

If you have that same condition, I would pull the fridge out and look and the left/right corners of the cabinet and see if wires are exposed.

I thought I had pictures, but can't find them now.

Tags
slide, slide out