Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2019, 09:56 AM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190813_082020.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	257373

I did notice these two relays near my power center that I can't identify what they do. Could this system possibly work off relays to power the motor?? I know I'm shooting in the dark but would appreciate opinions.
1Motorhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2019, 11:45 PM   #16

Do the wire colors match those on the switch ?

Again check the wire for ohms from the relay to the motor , to see if that's where they go.

Power output wire should be labeled on the relay .
Old 08-20-2019, 06:59 AM   #17

You could pull a pair of wires off the circuit breaker in middle and retest slides again.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:37 AM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
You could pull a pair of wires off the circuit breaker in middle and retest slides again.
Is that a circuit breaker between the two relays?? Excuse my ignorance but I'm not an electrical person.

Coachman told me on the phone that the Controller should be in the Electrical compartment near the power distribution center. These relays are the only thing that looks different from pictures I see of distribution centers on other coaches. I'm searching in the dark here!!!
Old 08-20-2019, 03:44 PM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
OK found this slide out wiring diagram on 2002 Georgie boy. It does not show a separate controller anywhere??? If this is accurate I could hunt for a controller til the cows come home and not find it?!?!?!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MH SLIDE WIRING.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	257508  
Old 08-20-2019, 05:06 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Motorhome View Post
Is that a circuit breaker between the two relays?? Excuse my ignorance but I'm not an electrical person.

Coachman told me on the phone that the Controller should be in the Electrical compartment near the power distribution center. These relays are the only thing that looks different from pictures I see of distribution centers on other coaches. I'm searching in the dark here!!!
Yes its like a self resetting fuse , but works more like an old school turn signal flasher . It heats up with too much current ,bimetal part bends to open a contact. Cools it closes and resets. I have many in my elct. bay. Cars have smaller versions for things like electric seats and windows.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:27 AM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
My slide controller location

I had my slide controller fail a couple of years ago. My mechanic found it located under a clothes closet that is across from the bathroom in the hall that runs between the bedroom and kitchen.

It was actually at floor level behind a drawer that is located below the clothes closet. The battery charger is near to it and this was behind my 110 volt and 12 volt systems fuse panels.

The mechanic had to remove the drawer completely to see the controller.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-26-2019, 08:13 PM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNJanet View Post
I had my slide controller fail a couple of years ago. My mechanic found it located under a clothes closet that is across from the bathroom in the hall that runs between the bedroom and kitchen.

It was actually at floor level behind a drawer that is located below the clothes closet. The battery charger is near to it and this was behind my 110 volt and 12 volt systems fuse panels.

The mechanic had to remove the drawer completely to see the controller.

Hope this helps.
I have removed all drawers and searched every nook and cranny inside and outside. No signs of a controller!!

We just got back from another camping trip and the slides worked flawless. The only change I have made was replaced the 5 pin wall rocker switch.
I am beginning to think that based on the schematic I posted above that it is a direct feed to motor and there is no controller?!?!?

Tags
problem, slide