RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2017, 10:08 PM   #1

Slide question

This is not a question about loving slides or not living in an Rv without slides. This is a question about how much trouble you have as owners with mechanical issues, leakage and other problems with your slides. I thought I wanted at least 3 on my dream MH. After reading some reports I am not so sure. How much trouble have you had? or They have worked like a dream.

rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2017, 10:23 PM   #2

Slide Question

We have a 2015 Winnebago Vista 30T with 3 slides, 30k+ miles. The slides are great - until they don't retract properly. We just spent $500 to replace fried motor controller. No problems with leaks, knock on wood.

iren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:29 PM   #3

Just the controller. Bad day when they wont retract. Thanks for the reply
Old 04-02-2017, 10:31 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Had one small water leak during a really hard downpour. Just replace one leaking hydraulic hose. That's it.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:43 PM   #5

Foretravel Owners Club
No major issues.

Replaced "wiper" across the top of the slide, & the sealing bladder (looks like a bicycle tube) due to vandalism. (knife cut) .
Replaced the 12volt air compressor (for the bladder & maintaining air pressure for the HWH auto leveling).
Not too bad for a 2002 coach... IMHO
HWH "train" slide system.
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:23 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
No issues with the slides on my 2013 Winnebago Sunstar.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:33 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Only issues I've every had was on my second 5th wheel. Come to find out it was a loose connection at the resettable breakers. Pissed me off because it took 2 hours to retract the slides once.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:58 AM   #8

My slides have had many issues almost from the time I purchased the rv about 5 years ago. They are electric acme screw type Kwikee DigiSync. Apparently, prior to my owning the rv, for some reason they were misadjusted - I found many position match marks had been moved. I have removed the entire ram units on quite a few occasions and replaced many components. They continue to give me problems. I have talked to a couple of rv shops but have been scared off by what might end up being many thousands of dollars and extensive time.
JPeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:22 AM   #9

Slides are popular. I'm not sure if you can get a new class A without slides?

I personally like having slides. It is my understanding that the design life of slides is 1,000 cycles.

I have had problems with seals, controls, rollers, and the umbilical cords.

Stuff happens
Old 04-03-2017, 07:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Had one small water leak during a really hard downpour. Just replace one leaking hydraulic hose. That's it.
Wow that is really good to hear. I am thinking about a CC about the same year as yours.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:03 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
No major issues.

Replaced "wiper" across the top of the slide, & the sealing bladder (looks like a bicycle tube) due to vandalism. (knife cut) .
Replaced the 12volt air compressor (for the bladder & maintaining air pressure for the HWH auto leveling).
Not too bad for a 2002 coach... IMHO
HWH "train" slide system.
That is not bad. I am also looking at an older model Foretravel. Thanks for the reply
Old 04-03-2017, 07:04 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
No issues with the slides on my 2013 Winnebago Sunstar.
That is really good!!!
Old 04-03-2017, 07:06 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
Only issues I've every had was on my second 5th wheel. Come to find out it was a loose connection at the resettable breakers. Pissed me off because it took 2 hours to retract the slides once.
I hope by now you can laugh at it. I m sure when you were trying to figuire out the it was plucking your last nerve.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:09 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPeterson View Post
My slides have had many issues almost from the time I purchased the rv about 5 years ago. They are electric acme screw type Kwikee DigiSync. Apparently, prior to my owning the rv, for some reason they were misadjusted - I found many position match marks had been moved. I have removed the entire ram units on quite a few occasions and replaced many components. They continue to give me problems. I have talked to a couple of rv shops but have been scared off by what might end up being many thousands of dollars and extensive time.
When did this issue showed itself. How much did you test them before you purchased?

Tags
slide