Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Slideout room jerky going in and out

I have a 06 Georgie Boy Landau with 2 slides.Both slides are jerky and sometimes just quit moving at all,if I keep holding the switch in it will finally close or open.I would like to know what is going on here and what do I need to do to fix this.

06georgieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
Slide outs jerky

We too have a Georgie Boy - 2002 Suite and have had some trouble with our slideout in the bedroom and took it in to be looked at a it was simply stuck. We bought some slideout lubricant and went all around the slide outs and they move much easier but most recently, we got the same one stuck IN and took it back to the dealer we bought it from and HE said they had no trouble getting it in and out - - - still don't know what THAT was about. Just makes my husband very nervous because he's fearful of getting it out and not being able to get it back in! Have you had any other trouble with your Georgie Boy?

MrsPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Yes we had to replace the bedroom ac and furnace as soon after about a month after we bought it as well as power switch.I too am afraid of having a room get stuck open and having to deal with that while trying to get ready to go home after trip.I am very happy with everything else in the camper and love the V10 power.
06georgieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
Had the same with my living/room slide out, had to put a new motor @ 581.00 plus labor and change the switch.
elang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
Freightliner Owners Club
Here is a manual for the slide out. Not sure if it applies to 2006 Landau.

They also have parts for slide outs. RBW

I posted a Slideout operation manual from GeorgieBoy in the files section here. Covers normal and manual operation, may help if the slide quits working...http://www.irv2.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=91
Hooligan, Pensacola, Fl -U.S. Coast Guard 1956-1985
2016 Thor Siesta Sprinter 24ST diesel
Our Pug "Lily" & "George" the Newfoundland
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #6
Thank you ! That is a HUGE help BUT I"m wondering if the same directions apply to my Suite? I do know they showed us how to crank the L.R. side in if it should ever not work - - - there is a big tool that came with it and they showed us how to insert it underneath and crank it in and NOW we have learned how to do the bedroom side if it is ever necessary.
We, too, love the power we have - - no trouble passing or climbing hills. Had a warranty for the first 4 years but that is no longer any good so we just go out praying nothing really serious breaks down.

MrsPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote