Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2014, 08:25 PM   #43

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It sounds like a control system failure.. I could bring the slide in on mine control or not.. But you might ask around the RV park for someone who knows the system better and can show you how to bring it in (IE someone like me, even though I do not know your system, Bet I could bring it in)

Telling you how to do it long distance however requires that I be looking at the manual for your slide. which I do not have.

The BANG could have been a gear jumping a tooth.. Or it might not be related at all.. I heard more of a "Boom" this morning (Did not rock the RV) and sure enough.. Called the store I placed an order at this AM (New tire for a utility cart) and said "Can I double that order".

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2014, 08:27 PM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by devlucyl View Post
Where is transfer switch?

I have a 2014 Bounder 35K and it is installed on the back wall of the cargo bay, second from back on the passenger side. With my bedroom slide out it is right under the bed. I only mentioned it since you had mentioned the noise under the bed. My transfer switch makes a noticeable noise when power is transferred to the coach. I would suspect you would be having other electrical issues as well if it was the transfer switch.

The transfer switch is in a metal box that should say Transfer Switch on the cover plate. If it is like mine it will also say Surge Guard on it as well.

If you are not familiar with how all of these electrical systems work I would strongly consider calling a mobile tech out. As far as manually retracting the slides the steps for doing it are in your slide manual.

The transfer switch should look something like this:

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1406856474.001707.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  35.7 KB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

Brian W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:27 AM   #45

IF the symptoms keep changing, then you might have a loose wire in the wall switch. Easy to remove and check the spade connections. Have you tried that?
Old 08-04-2014, 05:41 AM   #46

I completed the Fleetwood customer service request form on line and got a call the next day from service tech. He felt it was a module problem which kept slide from going in. emailed to me schematics as to location of modules. Tech advised to switch the Modules around to find out which one was bad. He was right on! We found the bad module that needs replacing. Still not sure why there was loud bang. Tech feels it might have slipped off/on track. still thinking about that one. Many thanks to all of you for your input.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:39 AM   #47
Rkh

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I completed the Fleetwood customer service request form on line and got a call the next day from service tech. He felt it was a module problem which kept slide from going in. emailed to me schematics as to location of modules. Tech advised to switch the Modules around to find out which one was bad. He was right on! We found the bad module that needs replacing. Still not sure why there was loud bang. Tech feels it might have slipped off/on track. still thinking about that one. Many thanks to all of you for your input.

That's good news devlucyl.. You reported two symptoms. A main room slide that came all the way in by itself, and a bedroom slide that would not come in at all. I wonder if a single module can cause both issues?
You also reported a clunking noise below your bed in the area where the transfer switch is. What brand/type of power protection device are you using at the external power pedestal?
Old 08-04-2014, 09:11 PM   #48

Thor Owners Club
I have a 2012 Challenger with 3 slides. I had problems with the dinette slide from day one rattling, slide woudn't retract. I had a roller plate let loose and was unable to retract a slide. After many trips to the dealer it was determined that Thor/Damon started to use a differant slide system that didn't work very well. They supposedly changed the system on my unit, so far so good been 3 years
Gus
37 DT Challenger, Ford Edge Toad, HD Ultra
Old 08-10-2014, 01:43 PM   #49

Mid Atlantic Campers
Wow thanks for sharing that one.
Speaking of Slide issues. We were just getting to leave camp this morning will grandkids in Suffolk, VA when my living room slide would fully retract. It seems like it stops right before it is supposed to lower back down in living room. There is a 1-2 in. gap where the carpet should meet the floor. No obstructions, so I am lost. I know this is going to cost money so if anyone could help this old Holiday Rambler Vacationer owner out, it would be much help :-)
cnocmmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:59 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnocmmz View Post
Wow thanks for sharing that one.
Speaking of Slide issues. We were just getting to leave camp this morning will grandkids in Suffolk, VA when my living room slide would fully retract. It seems like it stops right before it is supposed to lower back down in living room. There is a 1-2 in. gap where the carpet should meet the floor. No obstructions, so I am lost. I know this is going to cost money so if anyone could help this old Holiday Rambler Vacationer owner out, it would be much help :-)
Is the engine running at high idle to make sure that enough voltage is being applied to the slide motor?

When you say it stops, does the sound of the motor stop too? Does the pitch of the motor change before it stops?

Is your slide hydraulic or mechanical?
Old 08-12-2014, 04:15 AM   #51

Mid Atlantic Campers
Thanks for quick return.still on 50 amp, when trying to close. When I push button on panel it try sounds a normal as I know it to be. It just stops it may be a restrict or issue???
IT is electric
Thanks mike
cnocmmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #52

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks for quick return.still on 50 amp, when trying to close. When I push button on panel it try sounds a normal as I know it to be. It just stops it may be a restrict or issue???
IT is electric
Thanks mike
To reiterate what the previous post said, try with your engine running. The motors may not have enough power to pull the slide in without the engine alternator. The last few inches may take more power to close. On my Sunrise the slideouts are powered off the chassis battery, not the house batteries. The converter does not charge the chassis battery. Also, check for the obvious; damaged seals, wiring looms to the slideout, kid's toys or anything else that can obstruct.
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport and/or '08 Honda Goldwing
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:33 PM   #53

Quote:
IT is electric
Thanks mike
Disconnect Shore Power, start engine, place tach at 1000RPM and engage cruise control. That should get the alternator juicing pretty well. Give things a few minutes before you do anything else; except don't have A/C, HWH, or refrigerator running during this time.

Then try the slides and see if there are any changes. Let us know.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:43 AM   #54

Now I know the problem is with the Controller which is under warranty for 2 years. However Fleetwood only warrantees first year
And now we must go to Power Gear for 2nd year warranty. Power Gear will only warranty if we take to RV dealer for repair and we pay labor. I can install myself, i just want the part!!!
Old 08-13-2014, 06:51 AM   #55

Quote:
Now I know the problem is with the Controller which is under warranty for 2 years. However Fleetwood only warrantees first year
And now we must go to Power Gear for 2nd year warranty. Power Gear will only warranty if we take to RV dealer for repair and we pay labor. I can install myself, i just want the part!!!
How do you know that? My problem with intermittent slide operation was thought to be a $1000 control module, and it was a loose wire on the wall switch.

Are you positive via testing procedure?
Old 08-14-2014, 03:01 AM   #56

Positive..I have switched the 3 around and one is bad.

Tags
slide, slideout