Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2017, 08:54 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Post Slider problems

Took my rv out for the first time just few miles from home to a golf tournament.
Had a great time people enjoyed the rv but got ready to roll up and the slider will not retract. Trying to find the circuit breaker not having no luck.
welder34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2017, 12:51 AM   #2

I'll have to say ; your going to need to add a bunch of info to your post .
Please.

Year, make , model of your class A .
Any info you might have on the slide manufacturer,( HWH, Lippert, Power Gear) , or type , electric or hydraulic drive?
Just the one slide not working , or if you have more than one slide do any of them work ?
Old 06-25-2017, 05:56 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Without the information as Skip426 mentioned, suggestions are going to be very generic. May systems are interlocked so check that the emergency brake is fully set and you might have to have the engine running also. Low battery volts can also be a problem so you might need to run the generator to recharge which could take a couple of hours. Check the coach owners manual also. Sometimes it will list the specific sequence of actions you need to take to move the slide(s).
Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:51 AM   #4

Could use more information but right off the bat,,, If it's a motorhome, make sure the parking brake is set. You might try releasing it and then resetting it to see if that helps.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:18 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
New to this: Gulfstream Tourmaster 2009 It a nice coach wife and i love it but everytime we plan something it goes worng. Like a lot of you all you pay as you learn.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:27 PM   #6

Welder, it's been 24 hours since your first post. Have you been able to resolve it?
Old 06-25-2017, 09:31 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
Problem not solve taking to shop tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:56 PM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
Skip i see you been around a while dealing with RV's a while. Power gear motors and two motor on the slider. Not getting no 12 volt power to motor. Skip i will be picking your brain on RV's.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:11 PM   #9

Circuit breaker may be in pedestal for the bed. Is this the only slide and if others do they work? I can't speak to yours specifically, but mine has to either on shore power or generator. I know that the parking brake has to be set. If you press extend does anything happen? Also, there probably a control box in a compartment on that side that may have a loose connection, especially if you have been in there over the weekend. Also where the circuit breakers are, there should be automotive fuses and if I ain't mistaken the slides are DC. I would be doing all I could to find a solution to retract it before moving. There has to be a solution to allow a manual retraction if all else fails.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:31 PM   #10

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/gulf...ue-100719.html

Try this, or maybe call the mfgr tech support for some quick walk through troubleshooting.

I don't golf (but balls in the fairway make for nice tactical sniper practice targets ) and I would have been glad to come hang out with y'all and tried to help with the slides.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:23 AM   #11

Put your MH information into your signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by welder34 View Post
New to this: Gulfstream Tourmaster 2009 It a nice coach wife and i love it but everytime we plan something it goes worng. Like a lot of you all you pay as you learn.
Take a couple of minutes to fill out your signature with information about your motorhome (MH) so we can better offer advice. This is not only necessary for this post but for all future posts. You do this by:
1) Go to the top of this page and click the top left tab named “User CP”
2) Scroll down and click “Settings & Options”
3) Click “Edit Signature”
4) In that text box type all the information about your MH. Year, model, length, mileage, any aftermarket extras installed and so on.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:13 PM   #12

Freightliner Owners Club
Where would the slider control box located
Old 06-27-2017, 10:30 PM   #13

Here's some info , I've got on Power Gear slide mechanisms with multi motor.
Gives a rough idea of the shape of the controller .

UNFORTUNATELY , although Power Gear supplied the parts and wiring harnesses the info is kind of general , BECAUSE , in your case Gulfstream installed the controller and wiring into their coach.
I've seen controllers installed on the opposite wall of the coach from the slide under the sink . My coach's location. Another was mounted to the floor under a kitchen drawer . My last 5er. Another was on the underside of the floor , only visible laying on my back in the basement of a friends coach.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Power gear slide adjustments.pdf (323.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 06-28-2017, 05:29 AM   #14

We have slideout problems too. We have a 2015 Thor Challenger and only have a problem with large bedroom slide. It makes a noise going in and out. Took it to Camping World shop and they say it is a 20 hour repair job! Extended Warranty Company says they will only pay for 10 hours of labor will leave us with over a $1200.00 repair! Plus $50.00 deductible! What can we do?
PattyP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problems, slide