Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2015, 09:09 AM   #1

Slides

Hi All, have a 2008 Fleetwood Terra LX (36') problem is that the slides will not go in. they both worked 3 days ago. seems like they are not getting power. anyone know if and where a fuse/breaker may be.....

thank you

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2015, 09:17 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
First, unscrew the operation panel and press the reset switch if you have a red light or error code.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:47 AM   #3

Where is the panel located?
Old 02-27-2015, 10:23 AM   #4

When I had this problem before something that was put up in a storage bin under the slide tripped a switch that prevented the slide from coming in. The switch was mounted on the slide mechanism out of sight at the top of the storage bin. Thought I was going to drive 500 miles with the slide out!
GlenninTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:36 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Uh, the panel that you operate the slides from.

Cheers!
Old 02-27-2015, 10:52 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Hi litlegto,

I do not know your brand of coach. However, if you have a meter and are comfortable using it, find the slide motor and determine if the motor is really not getting power. If that is the problem an emergency fix is to have a emergency portable car starter (battery). Auto parts stores sell these. Jumper wires from the emergency battery alligator clips to the slide motor. If you do this backwards, you'll know immediately. Just reverse the leads and the motor will activate and the slide will go in. Be careful, the only thing that stops the slide is to remove the wires. I've helped quite a few coach owners make this quick fix to get them going. If needed you can then get to a mobile tech or repair shop for the correct repair.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:19 AM   #7

coach is a Fleetwood terra lx 36'.. have checked to motor on the front slide and if I jump it, it works. so the problem is somewhere between the motor and the power source,f I have checked every possible fuse and breaker I could find and still nothing
Old 02-27-2015, 12:24 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Slides

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlegto View Post
coach is a Fleetwood terra lx 36'.. have checked to motor on the front slide and if I jump it, it works. so the problem is somewhere between the motor and the power source,f I have checked every possible fuse and breaker I could find and still nothing

So I assumed you reset the system at the control panel? By jumping it, you are overriding the control panel computer which may be inhibiting it's movement. There is normally a small black reset button behind the panel face, may be located elsewhere on your unit, but I'd look there first.

This is most common.

Good Luck!
Old 02-27-2015, 01:18 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
On the two Fleetwood products I have worked on the slides had control boards. On one I found them in the bay with the inverter and the other they were under the bed. They are a circuit board with a 6 wire connector and two relays that are about 1" cube. When you find them there is a glass fuse and a self resetting circuit breaker on them. If you can't hear any clicking when pushing the switch it's possible that the fuse is blown. If you do hear clicking one of the relays may be bad.
Dennis_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 02:10 PM   #10

still haven't found where the power gets lost, but have been able (temperory) from a 12v source to the main lead to the front slide switch and that restores power to both front and rear slide. this is only a temp fix, will continue to t/s but at least I can get the slides in and out.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:11 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
So I assume you reset the system at the control panel? By jumping it, you are overriding the control panel computer which may be inhibiting it's movement. There is normally a small black reset button behind the panel face, may be located elsewhere on your unit, but I'd look there first.

This is most common.

Good Luck!

. . .

Tags
slide