Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #43

As an owner of a 27' 4x4 class C I would be/am concerned about the structural weakness caused by cutting up the coach frame for slides
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2013, 09:18 PM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDNYdave View Post
As an owner of a 27' 4x4 class C I would be/am concerned about the structural weakness caused by cutting up the coach frame for slides
That all depends on how the structure is designed and built. You make it sound like they take a box and cut a bunch of square holes in it.
Unless you have a Tiffin...........Then you can see the stress cracks right from new.
Very bad joke..........
TRAILERKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #45

I could be wrong but wouldn't you have to look long and hard to find a class A coach without a slide unless it's over 10 yrs. old? PS. I love the living room slide on my old Dutch Star.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:07 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDNYdave View Post
They had those issue when they first started installing slides, but have that pretty well figured out now. That would just be the first of a long list of things I'd be concerned about 4 wheeling with a MH....
Old 05-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
When I bought my coach It had to have at least one slide and room to get around the rear bed on both sides and a tag axel. It also had to have ample room to move around inside with the slide in. My 98 Fleetwood Pace Arrow foot the bill and we have been very happy with it. I don't think there are many people that would buy a coach today unless it had at least one large slide. Just my $.02
Old 05-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
We bought ours less than 2 years ago. We specifically looked for a DP with NO slides. The way this one is set up it is actually very roomy inside. It has a side aisle, which is uncommon, so that you cannot look from the driver's seat all the way to the bed in back. With the side aisle we have a kitchen that is bigger than most apartment kitchens I have seen, lol.