Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Slinky or Sanicon?

Having owned TTs I am very comfortable with using the 3" slinkys. When my 2006 Scepter arrived I found it had the Sanicon option but the 3" inlet hose and 1.5" outlet hose were missing. After checking every bay and not locating them I called the dealer and they sent me the parts.

As I look at the motor's inlet there is an adapter collar that changes the 1.5" inlet to the 3" inlet "slinky" hose (See pix). Wouldn't that mean there might always be some "stuff" in the hose after dumping (hopefully just grey water)? Since it is before the motor it could be more.

So, If I connect the sanicon I should be prepared to use it from here on out. If I wanted to (or had to) switch back to the slinky; disconnecting the 3" hose from the tanks' valves could result in a minor Robin Williams/RV moment.

Stay with the slinky or connect the sanicon?
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sanicon.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	33239  
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
One big advantage of the Sanicon is that you can pump out the discharge uphill. I have never had a problem with the Sanicon in our coach but we always use plenty of water especially in the black tank. There are some who will say the "slinky" is faster at the dump station. It does get rid of the contents faster but by the time you get it out, use it, clean it out and store it again, you will find little difference in the actual time at the dump. I really like the Sanicon but as with most things that have moving parts, there will be times you have to replace something. You will always have the "slinky" as a backup should you need it. I think if I were you, I would hook it up and see how you like it. If you don't, you can easily connect the slinky.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I use both! The slinky when I am in camp for a longer periods - I believe that the vortex created as the 3" line dumps helps remove waste from the tank. But, if I am traveling, I use the Sanicon as I don't have the hassle of coiling it and stowing it.

The 3" line from the sanicon to the discharge outlet of the black/grey tank can be plugged with a twist-on cap. When not in use.

Mark

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Never would consider any option than the Sanicon! Clean, clean did I say clean?

Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a Sanicon and it is seldom used. The 3" stinky slinky is used most of the time due to the ease and simplicity plus speed. The Sanicon is hooked up and used if we have to pump a distance or up a bit of a hill.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #6

Sewer Solution Model V

I have never used the stinky slinky since acquiring my coach, and this production I have is called the Sewer Solution Model V, and I have to tell you, it is the cleanest operation I have ever found. Ive had TT and other units and used the Slinky and well Id just as soon never use another. Thats my two cents worth.
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have the "Clean Dump" product. Essentially the same as the Sanicon. Uses the same
macerator , but a larger 1" discharge hose . Both are good products . That having been said , i do use the stinky slinky when parked for extended periods and the pumper all other times . takes about 2 minuites to change over ..