Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2016, 06:04 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
We bought a 2013 Itasca Sunstar 26HE (27 Feet). This is also considered an entry level coach, but was perfect for my wife and I. Since the purchase we added air bags, rear trac-bar, and Safe-T Plus steering stabilizer to improve the ride/steering. We also added a solar system (with 1500 watt inverter), satellite system, Sleep Number bed, and Fantastic Fan in living room for some additional comforts. My only complaints is the size of the bed (short queen) and the size of the bathroom when using the toilet. Something to keep in mind on the next one. Overall, the price was right and we are pleased.

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2016, 12:32 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
We prefer a short, premium coach. Most short coaches (<36 ft.) are full of cheap materials and poor construction. We have a 2003 Monaco Trek. Because we don't have a bedroom, we have the living space of a 38 ft. coach. Our bed is in the ceiling during the day and comes down at night. If you can live with the bed, you will love a Trek.

Real wood cabinets, inverter, solar panels, surge protector built-in - these are the marks of a quality coach. Last ones were built in 2008. They don't last long when they come on the market. 323 ft. is about tops if you like to camp in state parks, USFS, and COE parks.

I don't understand why Monaco doesn't put the classic Trek back on the market. The 2016 Trek was a cheap take-off of a Fleetwood Flair/Storm and not well-received.

zekegb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:44 PM   #31

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman-az View Post
Had a 26' vista. As mentioned, one AC can't keep up. If you need AC you might want to look at the smallest one with two ac's.
Yep, watch the insulation if you're going into hot or cold areas. Our 40' Dutch Star with dual pane windows and an optional (now standard) roof insulation package did just fine in 90+ weather in Yuma just running one 13.5 heat pump.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:09 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekegb View Post
We prefer a short, premium coach. Most short coaches (<36 ft.) are full of cheap materials and poor construction. We have a 2003 Monaco Trek. Because we don't have a bedroom, we have the living space of a 38 ft. coach. Our bed is in the ceiling during the day and comes down at night. If you can live with the bed, you will love a Trek.

Real wood cabinets, inverter, solar panels, surge protector built-in - these are the marks of a quality coach. Last ones were built in 2008. They don't last long when they come on the market. 323 ft. is about tops if you like to camp in state parks, USFS, and COE parks.

I don't understand why Monaco doesn't put the classic Trek back on the market. The 2016 Trek was a cheap take-off of a Fleetwood Flair/Storm and not well-received.
Friends of ours had a Trek. I also don't understand why no one makes the equivalent today. The biggest downside I saw was that bedtime was cut and dry, you both have to be on the same schedule.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:50 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Our best friends downsized to a Vista 27N. They like it very much & installed a combo washer/dryer. The only downside for them is the one A/C unit. In over 90 degree temps they can't maintain a really comfortable temp. A 2nd A/C would be perfect but don't think it's available.
I have owned a 23 ft TT a 29 ft Class C and now the 29 ft Vista all with single AC. In all 3 cases a single AC would dehumidify and make the interior comfortable but the key was to get the AC going and not let the inside get real hot before turning on the AC. Parking the RV to minimize the sun heat load on the side of the unit in the afternoon was also helpful.

I would not let a unit having a single AC unit on the roof hold you back from getting a smaller shorter and lighter class A RV.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:38 PM   #34

You may also check:
- Forst River Georgetown 270S
- Thor Hurricane 27K
- Jayco Allante 26Y

If you plan to sip your beer under the shade, check for the length of the awning, the Vista 26HE having a 19 feet one, it beats them all.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:42 PM   #35

Today we checked out the 2016 Trek. Boy, that is a messed up design IMO. If you use the ample storage on the exterior rear wall, you have to empty it before you put the bed down.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:59 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
Take a good look at Newmar Bay Star Sports. 3-4 small class A's, good quality, good storage, tank sizes and known for their quality. I was interested in the Winnebago 27N until I found Newmar.
This is me exactly. I was looking for something under 30' and ended up with the Bay Star Sport 2903 and am loving the open floor plan which you won't get in the 27N and the quality is much higher.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:09 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
Like I've read so many times on this forum.... Floor plan , floor plan, floor plan.
That and load capacity. Those were what my purchase decisions were ultimately based on. Check this on 30' and smaller vehicles.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:02 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
We had a 2013 Vista 35B and loved it, we now have a 2015 Adventurer and love it also. Go with Winnebago.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:43 PM   #39

We have a 32 Triple E. The layout is great with great storage. Nice quality. Our 05 is the last year that they made class a. A really great coach on a workhorse chassis.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:36 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Winnebago

I sent you a private message...
Old 03-04-2016, 08:14 AM   #41

Thank you,
But looking for something newer than an 05
Ed
Old 03-04-2016, 09:19 AM   #42

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TsuSM70 View Post
We have a 32 Triple E. The layout is great with great storage. Nice quality. Our 05 is the last year that they made class a. A really great coach on a workhorse chassis.

Triple E made class A up to 2010. A high quality Canadian made coach.

Tags
class a, motorhome, motorhomes