Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsCamping View Post
Met two owners of the new short Tiffens and they say that it is impossible to keep it on the road...all over the road. Something is seriously wrong with that chassis and weight distribution and wheel base combo!
That's dissapointing to hear. I bet there's not enough weight on the front end making them float on the road.
Deucenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #44
Community Moderator

country coach has a 32 footer intrigue
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #45

Send a message via Yahoo to chili's trip
Friend of mine just sold her 96 30' Safari with 300hp Cat. Good luck!
chili's trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #46

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Snogoz
The only ones I know of are the Tiffin Allegro Breeze 28BR (and I think the 32B) - the 28 definitely falls within your length requirement. Holiday Rambler have the Trip and another called, I think, Aluma-Lite. Hope this helps!
Old 06-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #47

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Snogoz
The Tiffin Allegro Breeze models with the 215hp Maxxforce are quoted as 4,000lbs for the 28BR and 4,500lbs for the 32BR, but this engine generates 560ft/lbs of torque - which is the real issue for these purposes From our experience towing a Chevy Tracker in our 32BR we have no problems with towing capacity. The Allison transmission is 6-speed and handles the task admirably.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:34 PM   #48

We seriously considered a 92 Beaver Patriot 30-footer about 5 years back. The dealership selling it were asking almost 2.5x the NADA price and wouldn't deal. It sat on their lot for about 2 years before they sold it.

I'd been driving transit for a little while at the time, and most of our fleet were Gillig 30- and 35-footers. The 30's did porpoise a little bit on the rough city streets but were okay if the road was in good shape. We were using them on an intercity run while waiting for delivery on highway coaches and they performed quite well, though a bit underpowered on Freeway grades with a full load of passengers.

They had 6-cylinder Cummins engines, which may have given them better balance than the bigger V-8s, but adversely affected full-load performance.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #49

I drove the 2013 Excursion couple of weekends ago and I thought it had plenty of power, bear in mind it was empty but I am leaning towards excursion rather than tiffin because of the 7 ft. Ceiling ( I am 6'-8" tall), more power, more fuel cap. More storage, camera is separate from radio screen it had navigation also, and it has the drop down loft bed. Check it out
Ancabuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgc44a
The Thor Pallazo is pretty good. Also rethink your choice of type. There are some pretty nice gas powered class A's out there.
This is over priced for what you get. The Tiffin Breeze is a much better value.
Mrpictureman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #51

Send a message via Yahoo to DoubleCK
With the parameters that you have shared, I would be looking for a 36' Country or Alpine Coach with the 400 hp. Cat or Cummins.
DoubleCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:38 AM   #52

Hello Ducenut,

I am just getting into buying our 3rd Class A. 01 Phaeton, 07 Revolution, and now? Well, my wife Hertha and I are really looking hard. First of all the cost must be less than the Revolution, second the length should be less than 40'.

A couple of week ago we were introduced to the Tiffin Breeze. I did not test drive it. We talked to someone who knew very little about motor homes. Bob Tiffin was there, too. I like Bob Tiffin from way back in 2001 and would not at all mind to by another Tiffin product. However, ....

.... two days ago we went to General RV here in Novi, MI and talked to Bob Bianchini. We asked to be able to test drive the Breeze. After he found out about our prior Class A experience, he convinced us to not even try to get behin the steering wheel of the Breeze. It might be okay for someone upgrading from a class C or pop-up but not for someone 'coming down' from a Revolution.

He introduced us to the Fleetwood Excursion. So far I have investigated the internet on the Excursion and find it to be exactly (and much better) than what we are looking for. Tomorrow an 10 am I have an appointment with him to test drive the Excursion.

I will let you know ....

... to be continued!

Horst
Old 07-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #53

Horst,

What is your goal in trading? I would be very unhappy with a salesman trying to talk me out of a test drive. It's fine to give you reasons why you might not like the coach, but if he is correct, a test drive should help make his point. I suspect he has a better profit potential on the Fleetwoods. Your job is not to enrich the salesman and his boss. Your job is to accomplish the goal of the trade as best you can.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:24 AM   #54

Country Coach Owners Club
go to rv.org pay what ever they're asking, read it all then look at their ratings find some coaches that sound good to you and then go to oodle.com to search for it. It will be the best money and time you'll spend on getting an rv. Good luck
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #55

Fleetwood Owners Club
Take a look at Fleetwoods new 33ft. Excursion. Cummins, lots of room, even drop down 40 inch Sony, with drop down queen, lots of ammenties found generally in larger coaches? Has IMO a very good price point
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper9x9
go to rv.org pay what ever they're asking, read it all then look at their ratings find some coaches that sound good to you and then go to oodle.com to search for it. It will be the best money and time you'll spend on getting an rv. Good luck
This is not bad advise but you should not use this resource exclusively. They are the product of JD Gallant who is kind of the Ralph Nader of the RV business. JD is pretty opinionated and I'm not sure that he ever spent a night in an RV. They develop all their charts and ratings from manufacturer printed literature.

When I was looking for a full timing coach I joined the group and used the info, but as I say, don't use it exclusively.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel