Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #57

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderso View Post
Any options for affordable storage offsite? The weight of the rig may crack your driveway and you would want to add extra reinforcement if putting it on the side. Storage is likely around $50-65 per month; up to $140 for pole building storage. Offsite gives you more options.
I'd have to agree. Although it would be convenient to be able to park our mh in our driveway, it certainly wouldn't be enough to want to buy one small enough that it could fit there.

Also check if there are any laws in your area preventing you from doing this. I think many places have laws against storing vehicles on the driveway (not exactly sure how exactly it's worded but I think in ours, by law, you can't leave an RV in the driveway for more than 3 days).

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #58

I do not think the Breeze is that bad. I had a 40 ft 2000 Endeavor. I do not tow so at this time I have no power issues. Steering can be a little ruff on bad roads. I can't understand why people put down the Breeze. It has great features. It's built by a great company. It gets the job done. Compare it to other 32-34 ft coaches. The Breeze comes out on top. Hands down. No question about it. I am very pleased with it. I had a Sprinter 24 ft Class B Van. It stayed in the shop. The Breeze just a few small things.

Old 08-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #59

I am just getting into buying our 3rd Class A. 01 Phaeton, 07 Revolution, and now? Well, my wife Hertha and I are really looking hard. First of all the cost must be less than the Revolution, second the length should be less than 40'.

A couple of week ago we were introduced to the Tiffin Breeze. I did not test drive it. We talked to someone who knew very little about motor homes. Bob Tiffin was there, too. I like Bob Tiffin from way back in 2001 and would not at all mind to by another Tiffin product. However, ....

.... two days ago we went to General RV here in Novi, MI and talked to Bob Bianchini. We asked to be able to test drive the Breeze. After he found out about our prior Class A experience, he convinced us to not even try to get behin the steering wheel of the Breeze. It might be okay for someone upgrading from a class C or pop-up but not for someone 'coming down' from a Revolution.

He introduced us to the Fleetwood Excursion. So far I have investigated the internet on the Excursion and find it to be exactly (and much better) than what we are looking for. Tomorrow an 10 am I have an appointment with him to test drive the Excursion.

I will let you know ....

... to be continued!

... continued here!

We did see the 2013 Excursion 33A but were not able to test drive it, since it was in process of being readied for a customer to buy it. Waiting for a phone call from the sales person to have one ready for me to test drive. Still waiting after about a week or two.

However, two days ago Hertha and I had the pleasure of driving the Palazzo 33.2. In this forum I read before comments like 'it stops on a dime!' Well, I was somewhat disappointed. When driving at 65 or 70mph and attempting a hard stop, it took a lot of pressure on the brake pedal and a rather long distance for it to come to slow speed. I voiced my concern that the brakes were not functioning properly, but a day later heard from the same dealer, that the unit was driven again and found to have normal brake response. I maybe should not compare it to our previously owned Revolution!? But the Revolution was 10,000 lbs heavier than the Palazzo. Either way, I concluded that we do NOT want the Palazzo if that is a normal braking response.

I am still waiting for a call from the first dealer on test driving the Fleedwood Excursion 33A and will also be interested in the Excursion 35B.

We have time (but not much more, LOL) and will take it before making the right decision.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Horst,

What is your goal in trading? I would be very unhappy with a salesman trying to talk me out of a test drive. It's fine to give you reasons why you might not like the coach, but if he is correct, a test drive should help make his point. I suspect he has a better profit potential on the Fleetwoods. Your job is not to enrich the salesman and his boss. Your job is to accomplish the goal of the trade as best you can.
Steve, I understand and agree. We sold the Revolution last year. Have no trade-in.

Horst
Old 08-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst SE MI View Post
I am just getting into buying our 3rd Class A. 01 Phaeton, 07 Revolution, and now? Well, my wife Hertha and I are really looking hard. First of all the cost must be less than the Revolution, second the length should be less than 40'.

A couple of week ago we were introduced to the Tiffin Breeze. I did not test drive it. We talked to someone who knew very little about motor homes. Bob Tiffin was there, too. I like Bob Tiffin from way back in 2001 and would not at all mind to by another Tiffin product. However, ....

.... two days ago we went to General RV here in Novi, MI and talked to Bob Bianchini. We asked to be able to test drive the Breeze. After he found out about our prior Class A experience, he convinced us to not even try to get behin the steering wheel of the Breeze. It might be okay for someone upgrading from a class C or pop-up but not for someone 'coming down' from a Revolution.

He introduced us to the Fleetwood Excursion. So far I have investigated the internet on the Excursion and find it to be exactly (and much better) than what we are looking for. Tomorrow an 10 am I have an appointment with him to test drive the Excursion.

I will let you know ....

... to be continued!

... continued here!

We did see the 2013 Excursion 33A but were not able to test drive it, since it was in process of being readied for a customer to buy it. Waiting for a phone call from the sales person to have one ready for me to test drive. Still waiting after about a week or two.

However, two days ago Hertha and I had the pleasure of driving the Palazzo 33.2. In this forum I read before comments like 'it stops on a dime!' Well, I was somewhat disappointed. When driving at 65 or 70mph and attempting a hard stop, it took a lot of pressure on the brake pedal and a rather long distance for it to come to slow speed. I voiced my concern that the brakes were not functioning properly, but a day later heard from the same dealer, that the unit was driven again and found to have normal brake response. I maybe should not compare it to our previously owned Revolution!? But the Revolution was 10,000 lbs heavier than the Palazzo. Either way, I concluded that we do NOT want the Palazzo if that is a normal braking response.

I am still waiting for a call from the first dealer on test driving the Fleedwood Excursion 33A and will also be interested in the Excursion 35B.

We have time (but not much more, LOL) and will take it before making the right decision.
Horst,

A friend of mine traded an '08 Allegro Bus 40', for a Monaco Vesta 32'. He took delivery in April and he seems to be very happy with his new ride. It's true that it's a FRED instead of a DP but in shorter coaches that has a real benefit. With a DP it takes a certain length behind the rear axle for the engine/transmission which also places a lot of weight back there. It makes it very hard to build a good riding and handling coach in the shorter DP lengths.

Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel