Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2016, 03:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanerd View Post
With all due respect, this post was about odors under the bathroom sink. No mention of leaks in the post or replies. Are you sure you're replying to the correct post?

Maybe you would be better off by starting a new post with your specific problem so that we can better help you. And again, with all due respect, a little punctuation in your statements would help others to understand what you are talking about. Be specific.

Good luck

Ron
sorry folks
talked to my friends about my short commings
now i know how SHELDON ON BANG BANG THEORY feels

with due respect
manitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2016, 03:58 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettyjock View Post
Some people call it a vacuum break.
jettyjock
Some people are WRONG.

This is a vacuum break(er) which are only used in pressurized water lines.

VACUUM BREAKER

This is an AAV, (aka: "cheater vent"), used in both black and grey sewer water drain systems/pipes:

AIR ADMITTANCE VALVE

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:09 AM   #17

cheater vent under bath basin.

I plan to replace my air admittance valve under the bath basin with a Hep-Vo trapless vent. You can remove the existing P-trap, and vent and instead use the Hep-vo valve. This eliminates any possibility of sewer gas entering the coach, as well as giving more under -sink storage by getting rid of the P-trap. Many new coaches and trailers now use the Hep-vo instead of the standard P-trap. This unit takes the place of trap and vent, and is very reliable, and easy to install. You can view this unit and installation on Youtube.
davidgebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:25 AM   #18

The OP wrote about a 'urine smell'. Unless you pee in the sink, I don't think any solution to the OPs problem has been offered. I'm not a plumber and, yes, I have peed in some sinks on occasion. But I do remove the dishes first!
steamyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:42 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamyb View Post
The OP wrote about a 'urine smell'. Unless you pee in the sink, I don't think any solution to the OPs problem has been offered. I'm not a plumber and, yes, I have peed in some sinks on occasion. But I do remove the dishes first!
Actually yes, the OP's problem was addressed very early on.
Problem: urine odor emanating from under the sink.
Solution: Replace black tank vent located under the sink.

The thread does get confusing because it was hijacked along the way.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:42 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgebo View Post
I plan to replace my air admittance valve under the bath basin with a Hep-Vo trapless vent. You can remove the existing P-trap, and vent and instead use the Hep-vo valve. This eliminates any possibility of sewer gas entering the coach, as well as giving more under -sink storage by getting rid of the P-trap. Many new coaches and trailers now use the Hep-vo instead of the standard P-trap. This unit takes the place of trap and vent, and is very reliable, and easy to install. You can view this unit and installation on Youtube.

Look at the installation instructions on the Hep-Vo site. Their device replaces the trap only. The AAV remains in place. These OEM valves are very low quality & you can purchase much better ones. Since the smell is more intense under the sink then this is the obvious first step. There is most likely an AAV at each sink and one at the washer/dryer plumbing hookup.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
smell