RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2018, 10:04 PM   #29

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tiffin 32SA
Newmar
Georgetown GT5
Winnebago Vista

AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2018, 09:38 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Diesel or gas?

Looks like a diesel question. I'm out...

...leaving in my 05 Holiday Rambler GAS class A, which was the best GAS powered class A ever made.

We looked at new ones recently. Surprised at the low quality materials, fit and finish, lack of quality control, etc. We'll stick with the 05 for awhile.
Pretty cool. Good feedback. I respect that. thanks

RightUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:44 AM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
interesting in reading all of the comments/lists.

i have never driven any brands other than country coach and monaco. i jumped on country coach. after 6 years of ownership, i am still impressed with its quality and design... should a day ever come, i'd still get another country coach maybe just newer.

because lack of comparison i'll skip the list. good luck with your finding!
Hey if you only can list 2, then so be it. lol. The fact that you still have your 2000 Country coach is a testament to how good it is and your getting much more than your moneys worth.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:19 AM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC25T View Post
Simply because I havenít owned numerous different brands of similar age, vintage and quality to create a opinion that I feel would be beneficial to anyone.

I went to check out a American coach American eagle last week however work held me up and it was gone before I could make the trip. Also considering their revolution LE.
I think it's other peoples' choice if they could find your opinion beneficial or not. I see you're a senior member, so to me your opinion would speak volumes. The fact that you're considering American Coach tells me you're knowledgeable when it comes to MHs. To me, since Fleetwood, Holiday Rambler and American coach belong to the same Parent company, there is not much difference in product quality. I compared the HR endeavour to the American Coach revolution which I wanted to buy, and didn't notice much difference, not ENOUGH difference to warrant paying 80 to 100 thousand dollars more on the American coach, which has ALL the same flooreplans as the Fleetwood and Holiday rambler 39+ ft rigs. Most have the ISL9 cummins diesel with 1000 lb ft of torque I don't have a T.V. so that's more than enough for me, I mean I could even go to 800 torque and be happy. But anywho, thanks for participating.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:27 AM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Tiffin 32SA
Newmar
Georgetown GT5
Winnebago Vista
Wow, a Georgetown. That's a 1st. Can you share your experience as to why? how long did you have it? was it new when purchased? why did you sell it? How did you like it?
Old 05-14-2018, 10:29 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
So I gather that hardly anyone likes Thor's or Forest River's (Birkshir's and Coachmen). What are the main reasons for that, or any reason for that matter?
Old 05-14-2018, 10:32 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
So I gather that hardly anyone likes Thor's (incl. Jayco)or Forest River's (Birkshir's and Coachmen). What are the main reasons for that, or any reason for that matter?
Old 05-14-2018, 01:06 PM   #36

We had a Berkshire for seven years and it was pretty darn close to problem free. When we did have an issue it was resolved quickly by either the dealer or the factory.

Most people have responded to the original question based on the four mostly mid level brands. As I stated earlier, you have different levels of cost. The Thors, Berkshires, Coachmen, and I'm sure there are others, are more entry level coaches for most Class A diesel buyers. If the original question would have been what are your four favorite brands are various price points I'm sure you would have had different responses.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:20 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
We had a Berkshire for seven years and it was pretty darn close to problem free. When we did have an issue it was resolved quickly by either the dealer or the factory.

Most people have responded to the original question based on the four mostly mid level brands. As I stated earlier, you have different levels of cost. The Thors, Berkshires, Coachmen, and I'm sure there are others, are more entry level coaches for most Class A diesel buyers. If the original question would have been what are your four favorite brands are various price points I'm sure you would have had different responses.
I respectfully disagree. I left the question WIDE open for a reason. I wanted people to feel free to put their top 4 choices as they saw fit. But people like to Assume, jump to conclusions and speculate about what is going on in an OP's head. I purposely did not Ask what the favorite DP was or Gasser. I left that freedom to the respondents, Also I didn't ask what is your Favorite "Used" DP or gasser or New DP or Gasser. I did't say anything about Entry level or mid level. I purposely excluded Liberty, newell a Prevost (and I should have said Foretravel too) because 99% would choose those as their top 4 (I'm assuming, but I'm pretty sure). If I Like Monaco or Tiffin and only have Berkshire Money, then I'll buy a USED Tiffin or Monaco, remember Diesel MH are good for 250000 Plus miles, and there are many tiffins out there, used for Berkshire prices. I hope this explains why my question defies your logic.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:15 PM   #38

Tiffin, American Revolution, Entegra, Newmar. Very impressed with American Revolution which could win me over in Royal Diamond 42 g model with satin finish cabinets. Gladly accept one as a gift. Lol
Old 05-14-2018, 10:07 PM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezolen View Post
Tiffin, American Revolution, Entegra, Newmar. Very impressed with American Revolution which could win me over in Royal Diamond 42 g model with satin finish cabinets. Gladly accept one as a gift. Lol
American Revolution? I like the 42p. But I'm curious as to why you wouldn't choose a similar floor plan in a Fleetwood/Holiday Rambler, all 3 belong to the same parent company. Oh and there's an Identical floor plan in the Holiday Rambler Scepter the 43g.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:32 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightUR View Post
American Revolution? I like the 42p. But I'm curious as to why you wouldn't choose a similar floor plan in a Fleetwood/Holiday Rambler, all 3 belong to the same parent company. Oh and there's an Identical floor plan in the Holiday Rambler Scepter the 43g.
I don't know much about American Coach as they are far and few compared to Tiffin and Newmar. It's hard to find out if they are as well built. Having spent much time this past winter looking we were totally impressed with the Revolution and disillusioned by both the latest Tiffins and Newmars. Decors and quality are certainly on a downward spiral. Never thought I would consider anything but a Tiffin. The Revolution hit all the right buttons imho. As to quality its hard to say but at least the new ones were not falling apart and wonder how some manufacturers allow their products to leave the factory in such shape.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:03 AM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezolen View Post
I don't know much about American Coach as they are far and few compared to Tiffin and Newmar. It's hard to find out if they are as well built. Having spent much time this past winter looking we were totally impressed with the Revolution and disillusioned by both the latest Tiffins and Newmars. Decors and quality are certainly on a downward spiral. Never thought I would consider anything but a Tiffin. The Revolution hit all the right buttons imho. As to quality its hard to say but at least the new ones were not falling apart and wonder how some manufacturers allow their products to leave the factory in such shape.
I totally agree. But like I said, try to check out the Holiday Rambler, they belong to the same company that owns American Coach revolution with similar floor plans, but over 50K cheaper. Doesn't hurt to try.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:29 AM   #42

Just naming a manufacturer without a year range, and in many manufactures a model, makes the info sharing less then ideal!

A few examples:

A 2018 Monaco, is very different then say a 2006 Monaco.

A 2006 Monaco Diplomat, is very different then a Executive/Signature.

At the $150K level, some very fine Foretravels can be purchased (U295/U320's). So Foretravel would be fine to leave in, understanding the $150K price point.

I'll stop here, but for the question of top 4 for $150K, here is what I'd look for, all 2006 or earlier, or at least with 2006 engines:

-Country Coach (Affinity/Magna/Intrigue - BIG BLOCK Cummins or CAT engine.

-Foretravel U320

-Newmar Mountain Aire on up, but with BIG BLOCK engines (Mountain Aire had a few years with larger blocks in them, vs ISL's)

-Monaco Executive/Signature and the equivalent Holiday Ramblers and Beaver (Beaver was not quite the same General Motors rebranding that you see between Monaco and HR, so specifically Patriot Thunder and Marquis.) (Note: I do know the HR and Monaco's had differences in interiors an cabinets, but the mechanical were basically the same on like models between them. Not knocking them with the GM comment!)

Best to all,
Smitty

Tags
class a, motorhome, motorhomes