Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2018, 02:00 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightUR View Post
I totally agree. But like I said, try to check out the Holiday Rambler, they belong to the same company that owns American Coach revolution with similar floor plans, but over 50K cheaper. Doesn't hurt to try.

No tag axle, no hidden awnings in the roof, exterior paint not even close from what I can see right off the bat. HR used to build some fine coaches but not in the same league as American Coach. For some reason American coaches are showing huge discounts off list prices so difference might not be as it seems dollar wise. Sometimes certain brands just hit the right spot.
Reminds me of switching auto brands. Was a firm 20 yr BMW owner till I looked at the competition. Audi blew them out of the water when shopping in 2017 so I bought one. Never been happier.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2018, 04:54 PM   #44

After watching this thread for awhile, I decided to chime in. I've always thought Newmar Dutch Star and Mountain Aire could make me happy. Also in the used, I would look at the Foretravel for the best bang for the buck, then Monaco Signature or Executive. The best I've ever owned is our current Allegro Bus. In the past four years and 40,000 miles, I've had a couple of shades replaced, and an induction cooktop. Annual service and just add fuel. The Powerglide chassis drives like a dream. Not sure if it gets any better than that.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:08 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
Just naming a manufacturer without a year range, and in many manufactures a model, makes the info sharing less then ideal!

A few examples:

A 2018 Monaco, is very different then say a 2006 Monaco.

A 2006 Monaco Diplomat, is very different then a Executive/Signature.

At the $150K level, some very fine Foretravels can be purchased (U295/U320's). So Foretravel would be fine to leave in, understanding the $150K price point.

I'll stop here, but for the question of top 4 for $150K, here is what I'd look for, all 2006 or earlier, or at least with 2006 engines:

-Country Coach (Affinity/Magna/Intrigue - BIG BLOCK Cummins or CAT engine.

-Foretravel U320

-Newmar Mountain Aire on up, but with BIG BLOCK engines (Mountain Aire had a few years with larger blocks in them, vs ISL's)

-Monaco Executive/Signature and the equivalent Holiday Ramblers and Beaver (Beaver was not quite the same General Motors rebranding that you see between Monaco and HR, so specifically Patriot Thunder and Marquis.) (Note: I do know the HR and Monaco's had differences in interiors an cabinets, but the mechanical were basically the same on like models between them. Not knocking them with the GM comment!)

Best to all,
Smitty
Wow, good stuff. People want to read "Low level, entry level, mid level, high level" and the like into my Question. I just want to know peoples' top 4. If they like Alpha See ya or National, Apollo, Cortez, or Wanderlodge, it's Ok. It's just a simple question. As for my taste, and I know many would disagree with me, I wouldn't buy anything Older than a 2011-12. Technology is advancing so rapidly that, to me, it doesn't make sense to buy something over 7-10 yrs old. We all have our quirks and technology is one of mine.
RightUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezolen View Post
No tag axle, no hidden awnings in the roof, exterior paint not even close from what I can see right off the bat. HR used to build some fine coaches but not in the same league as American Coach. For some reason American coaches are showing huge discounts off list prices so difference might not be as it seems dollar wise. Sometimes certain brands just hit the right spot.
Reminds me of switching auto brands. Was a firm 20 yr BMW owner till I looked at the competition. Audi blew them out of the water when shopping in 2017 so I bought one. Never been happier.
Hmmm, good info. I may have to look closer and re evaluate. Thanks. I love BMWs, but I'm mostly a Mercedes benz guy. My grandpa was an Engineer for over 35 yrs with them, so he got to trade it in every 2 yrs. When I served in Germany I had a 500 SE....I'd get on the Autobahn everyday and go as fast as I could. Loved it. My first car in Germany was a M5, loved it. Anyway, thanks for the info.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:21 PM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
After watching this thread for awhile, I decided to chime in. I've always thought Newmar Dutch Star and Mountain Aire could make me happy. Also in the used, I would look at the Foretravel for the best bang for the buck, then Monaco Signature or Executive. The best I've ever owned is our current Allegro Bus. In the past four years and 40,000 miles, I've had a couple of shades replaced, and an induction cooktop. Annual service and just add fuel. The Powerglide chassis drives like a dream. Not sure if it gets any better than that.
I doubt that it does get better. The Allegro Bus is a fine rig. I like the 40AP and SP.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:22 PM   #48

Quote:
It's just a simple question.
No, it isn't. Without qualifiers (from you or from the respondent) it is pretty much impossible to answer, especially if you want helpful information.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:37 PM   #49

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Wow, a Georgetown. That's a 1st. Can you share your experience as to why? how long did you have it? was it new when purchased? why did you sell it? How did you like it?

Never owned a Georgetown. I love the floor plan and it may be affordable, when I get ready to trade my Forester for a class A. Also, no good dealers close by for anything other than Forest .River & and Tiffin. By far Tiffin is the first choice. If ever convince I could afford o maintain a diesel, I vote for Dynamax DX3. I wish there were a good Winnebago dealer nearby. I have to balance floor plan, good dealer, and quality, all within the lower price range, if ever in a position to buy again.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:54 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
No, it isn't. Without qualifiers (from you or from the respondent) it is pretty much impossible to answer, especially if you want helpful information.

What are your fav top 4 rvs. What are your fave top four ice cream flavors?
Old 05-18-2018, 09:30 AM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlott2k View Post
What are your fav top 4 rvs. What are your fave top four ice cream flavors?
LOL. Niiiiiice. Pretty simple right?
Old 05-18-2018, 09:37 AM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
I'm pretty sure I didn't ask for ANY "Helpful Information." I merely asked for your top 4. I don't need your help at this time, I don't want your help at this time, Nor your TRAIN of thought, nor speculations, JUST YOUR TOP 4 motorhome favorites. If you can't Handle that.......Don't worry about, move on to the next thread, maybe it's easier than this one.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:20 AM   #53

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I didn't ask for ANY "Helpful Information." I merely asked for your top 4. I don't need your help at this time, I don't want your help at this time, Nor your TRAIN of thought, nor speculations, JUST YOUR TOP 4 motorhome favorites. If you can't Handle that.......Don't worry about, move on to the next thread, maybe it's easier than this one.
But that's not the way human nature works, especially on a forum like this. We all have to add and embellish our responses to communicate and use up more lines. We tend to enjoy seeing our own words in print for the whole world to see. Just like my response now. The correct answer to your above statement should be " OK ", but that doesn't even use up one line. See what I mean.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:46 PM   #54

Quote:
The tan one, the blue one, the red one and the white one. I hope that was the answer you were looking for.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:39 AM   #55

2017 Jayco Precept 35S
2017 Thor Aria 3901
2019 Thor Palazzo 37.4
Forest River Berkshire 39A

Own the first, looking at the next 3.

Be Happy, Don’t Worry!
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 05:07 PM   #56

My favourite four;
#1 Fortravel
#2 Country Coach
#3 American Coach
#4 Newmar
I choose these three due to the quatlity, style and chassis. I do perfer diesel as opposed to gas as I know them and have worked with diesel engines.
FYI it is just my choise and everyone will be different, just like Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Toyota, Etc etc.......
Maik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, motorhome, motorhomes