Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2016, 10:15 AM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Our Splendide has a filter that needs to be cleaned after each load. It is located at the bottom right of our unit.

Could that be the source of your clean soap and water on the floor, rather than a holding tank overflow?

1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2016, 10:15 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Brad, Splendide says that is a HUGE no-no! You can do serious damage to the W/D! I would call them on this!
ya, Splendide has a lot of "no"s to go around. Here's a soap dispenser but don't use it, don't use soap pods, etc......

DW says it was just the dryer - not the washer I guess.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:19 AM   #17
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom Ant View Post
ya, Splendide has a lot of "no"s to go around. Here's a soap dispenser but don't use it, don't use soap pods, etc......

DW says it was just the dryer - not the washer I guess.

It has to do with the fact that the tub is suspended on springs, with some VERY heavy weights, and movement on the road can cause it to bang against things that it shouldn't!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:23 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
It has to do with the fact that the tub is suspended on springs, with some VERY heavy weights, and movement on the road can cause it to bang against things that it shouldn't!
Ah that would make sense.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:28 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdreamers View Post
Hi all - Just awoke to find a soapy flood in our back bathroom. (We have a Revolution 40E with the bath and a half... the Washer/dryer combo is in the back full bath area.)
We had just finished doing a couple of loads having done several over the last few days. The washer unit seems to works very well as well as the dryer.
The water (4 or 5 gallons) has the strong smell of soapy water with bubbles etc. The shower area next to the washer/dryer is where the water is backed up... full and overflowing. No trace of bad-smelling gray or black tank water.
We are in a campground with water and electricity but no swear hook-up. The plan is to leave tomorrow morning (today) and dump the tanks before we leave.
Any ideas? Any similar experiences?
Any help is appreciated.
Dave C
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvtexan View Post
Your holding tank is full and backed up to the shower drain. You can't do many loads without a drain.
dbdreamers
Methinks rgvtexan is correct.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:32 AM   #20
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
Our Splendide has a filter that needs to be cleaned after each load. It is located at the bottom right of our unit.

Could that be the source of your clean soap and water on the floor, rather than a holding tank overflow?

Dean, in the original post he stated that the shower was "full and overflowing"!

Old 07-15-2016, 10:35 AM   #21

Quote:
I agree! We never use the W/D without sewer hookup!
MSHappyCampers
We can't use our Splendide without a sewer connection because on our Safari the washer does not drain into EITHER waste tank...(it drains directly out of the 3" sewer hose connector).
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 07-15-2016, 10:39 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
MSHappyCampers
We can't use our Splendide without a sewer connection because on our Safari the washer does not drain into either tank...(it drains directly out of the 3" sewer hose connector).
Mel
'96 Safari
I had a Montana 3400 fifth wheel that was like that. I was going to try a valve on the end of the sewer and then open a gray tank, but never did.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:52 AM   #23
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
MSHappyCampers
We can't use our Splendide without a sewer connection because on our Safari the washer does not drain into either tank...(it drains directly out of the 3" sewer hose connector).
Mel
'96 Safari

I never knew any were connected that way! Learn something new every day on here!

Old 07-15-2016, 11:52 AM   #24

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our first trip in our new to us used coach was boo docking five days in a grass field. dW did some loads of laundry and discovered the shower pan full of soapy water and the laundry closet floor area full of water on floor. We learned that one, laundry filled our grey tanks sooner than expected, and two our discharge line was not connected properly due to a break in the washer connection (previous owner had never used it so was unaware). Later we had some electrical issues and realized the water had reached and shorted a control board panel. So we are vigilant now to keep out grey tank valve open when doing laundry or watching the tank level to avoid a repeat. Hope your outcome was less problematic than ours.
trimacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:03 PM   #25

When parked at a campground, I usually have the grey and black valves closed and monitor the levels. When the grey gets to 90%, I open the valve, dump it and reclose the valve. I prefer to empty either tank with a rush of water rather than a slow flow. In 20 years of doing this, we have never had an overflow. Sometimes, if I know the DW is going to wash clothes, I may leave it open till she's done and then close it. That way I always have grey water to help flush the black tank when it comes time to dump it and we rarely get any sewer smell from the park system.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:59 PM   #26

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Dean, in the original post he stated that the shower was "full and overflowing"!
I guess I am confused as to whether it overflowed in the shower itself or in the shower area......

In my mind they are two different things as our WD and shower share a hall area.

The shower area next to the washer/dryer is where the water is backed up... full and overflowing
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 03:40 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Technically, our washer is at a higher level than the shower and if I overfilled the tank it would come up in the shower before it would in the sink or washer drain. I wonder if that is what happened.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:51 PM   #28
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
I guess I am confused as to whether it overflowed in the shower itself or in the shower area......

In my mind they are two different things as our WD and shower share a hall area.

The shower area next to the washer/dryer is where the water is backed up... full and overflowing

I read it to mean that it backed up in the shower, then overflowed to the floor around it. Maybe he will clear this up for us!