Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2016, 04:13 PM   #29

My Splendide has a BIG warning label on it Do not use without first opening gray water dump valve.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2016, 04:30 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I wonder if that came from Splendide, or from the Newmar. I don't have that sticker.
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 04:55 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom Ant View Post
I wonder if that came from Splendide, or from the Newmar. I don't have that sticker.
Good question. I bought my Splendide 2100XC Vented to replaced the Wirlpool unit in my coach. It did not have any such sticker on it. A quick perusal of the manual doesn't mention that either.
Scatterbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 01:57 PM   #32

We once were parked next to someone who, as we found out later, put laundry in without opening the tank valve. They left for the day. Water came running from their RV. Turns out their tank monitoring system wasn't accurate and they were just spending a night and didn't want to connect the sewer. She thought they'd have enough room in the tank to do laundry.

Another instance of water running from an RV - again, parked next to them and they left for the day. It turned out that they had 3 cats and an easy, one-lever faucet at the vanity. They concluded that the cats were playing with the lever - as it had happen before when they were home - and water naturally filled the basin and continued on to the floor.

When we go for the day, our outside water is turned off.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 02:28 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom Ant View Post
I can sometime get a couple of loads, combined with showers, but then its done and I have to dump.

Clean up and dump the tanks is about the only choice you have. I wouldn't leave it that full very long, I never trust the fittings above the tank and under the shower.

X2!

We can do two loads plus a few showers each without dumping. DW just watches the tank monitor. She stops washing when the grey tank registers 2/3rds full. At that point, I dump the tank (in your current situation, you would need to drive to a dump station or have one of those totes on wheels) and we are good to go.

This happens to many folks...happened to our CG neighbor last fall when we were in Cochrane, Alberta, Canada. Just chalk it up to a lesson learned and move on to making many more happy memories.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 02:33 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post

When we go for the day, our outside water is turned off.

I keep telling myself to do this...but sadly forget most times when rushing out to experience new stuff.

Note to self...don't wait until something bad happens before you finally remember to shut off the water supply line at the bib!
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:25 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
When parked at a campground, I usually have the grey and black valves closed and monitor the levels. When the grey gets to 90%, I open the valve, dump it and reclose the valve. I prefer to empty either tank with a rush of water rather than a slow flow. In 20 years of doing this, we have never had an overflow. Sometimes, if I know the DW is going to wash clothes, I may leave it open till she's done and then close it. That way I always have grey water to help flush the black tank when it comes time to dump it and we rarely get any sewer smell from the park system.
Sounds like a plan to me! Leaving the tanks open invites sewer-living creatures into your holding tank too.
One guy here found a dead snake in his grey tank.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:33 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdreamers View Post
We are in a campground with water and electricity but no swear hook-up.
What is a swear hook-up?
Happy Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:49 PM   #37

This
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1468723769881.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	133241  
Old 07-17-2016, 07:31 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Prospector View Post
What is a swear hook-up?
Happy Prospector
That's the X%@^ thing you connect the @%@X sewer hose to.
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 10:35 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
Happy Prospector
That's the X%@^ thing you connect the @%@X sewer hose to.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:14 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
This happened to us one time as well, when we thought we had plenty of room in the grey tank. Wash all rugs that may have come in contact with the water if you used fabric softener. Otherwise the backing on your rugs will come off. Now just to be sure, we always have grey tank open!
Old 07-18-2016, 10:15 AM   #41

Someone mentioned they cleaned the filter everyday or after each load. I've had our combo unit 5 years and never had to clean that filter. Can't imagine what they are washing that makes that necessary.
wigginsjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:27 AM   #42
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigginsjsr View Post
Someone mentioned they cleaned the filter everyday or after each load. I've had our combo unit 5 years and never had to clean that filter. Can't imagine what they are washing that makes that necessary.

When we bought the MH in 2012, the Splendide would not dry the clothes. I found the hose between the tub and the back of the unit totally clogged with lint!

We check the lint filter before each washing, and it always has some, not a lot, of lint. Don't want to go through getting that monster out of the compartment again!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote