Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2016, 11:01 AM   #1

Sofa Replacement

We want to replace the older, uncomfortable Flexsteel jacknife sofa in our 1999 Bounder. We do not have slides and of course will have to deal with the 24" door opening. I have no intentions of disassembling the coach or windows to get the sofa in. Re-upholstery is not an option because everyone wants more to recover it than something new will cost. Because of space constraints, recliners will not work for us and we want to keep a sofa. Replacements are available from Flexsteel, but nothing we can get excited about, and of course we don't want to spend thousands on this. It does not have to be a sleeper but nothing else seems to be able to fit through the door. I'm sure others have tackled this and I am looking for suggestions on what you used and where you located it. Doing a web search brings up lots of options but also leaves lots of questions regarding quality, fabric and longevity. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2016, 11:07 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
salvage and rv parts

Search RV Body Panels RV Exterior Body Panels Used RV Parts For Sale | visonerv.com

RV Salvage/Surplus Yards (List) Updated 9/2/16 - RV Forums - myRVparks.com

1997 PACE ARROW VISION MOTORHOME SALVAGE PARTS FOR SALE

rv seats
seatcraft.com
Seatcraft.com
Shor4seats.com

if you happen to be in northern Indiana/southern Michigan swing into Bontrager's Surplus – RV and Mobile Home Supplies Bontrager's Surplus – RV and Mobile Home Supplies

RV Salvage Motorhomes - Parting Out Used RV Parts Repair and Accessories | RV Salvage Parts | Visone RV | Motorhomes And Repairable Wrecks | Used RV Parts Monaco RV Parts | Prevost RV Parts | Holiday Rambler Parts | Alfa Visone RV Junk Yard - RV Dism

Colaw RV Used RV Parts | We Have Your Part

RV Captain Chairs - RV FURNITURE

Here's the list that I have for RV salvage yards, hope it helps

RVers Corner - RV Repair for the do-it-yourselfer!
http://fivestarrvsalvage.com/
RV Salvage Sources
RV suppliers
visoneautomart.comÂ*-Â*This website is for sale!Â*-Â*visoneautomart Resources and Information.
Bontrager's Surplus – RV and Mobile Home Supplies

RV Upgrades: RV Accessories, Camper Parts & Motorhome Supplies RV Accessories, Parts & Supplies | Rvupgrades.com

V Salvage Listings by state RV Salvage & RV Surplus Outlets - used RV parts listed by state
Old 10-21-2016, 12:59 PM   #3

Thanks for the list but I have already looked at all of them. I do know how to use Google. Most have nothing of interest to offer, the downside of Google, and the others don't have enough information for me to make an informed decision, or even carry furniture. Which is why I have ask for others to provide some first hand information as to what they used and where they found it. Chuck
Old 10-21-2016, 01:19 PM   #4

LazyBoy recliners are known for the ease of getting them into RVs because they come apart in two pieces. I've never looked at their sofas to see if any of them come apart but you might want to check them out. They also have chairs that open into a twin bed if that interests you. To get away from a big overstuffed sofa try looking at more modern designs - perhaps check out IKEA.

Surefit makes some wonderful, good-fitting slipcovers.

http://www.surefit.net/
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:14 PM   #5

Look at using your escape window
Old 10-21-2016, 02:19 PM   #6

We considered the LazyBoys but really don't have the space for a recliner. I will look to see if they have a sofa. Mike, escape window is too small. Chuck
Old 10-21-2016, 02:25 PM   #7

The other issue I have is that there is only 77 inches of width that I can use. Most regular sofas are well over 80 inches and it just won't work. Chuck
Old 10-21-2016, 02:30 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We just put a residential Flexsteel love seat with center arm rest in our MH. It has dual electric wall hugging recliners. The arm rest has cup holders. It was just about 77 inches long. All 3 backs pop off and it easily fit through our 27 inch door.
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwood27 View Post
We just put a residential Flexsteel love seat with center arm rest in our MH. It has dual electric wall hugging recliners. The arm rest has cup holders. It was just about 77 inches long. All 3 backs pop off and it easily fit through our 27 inch door.
Do you have the model number and would it fit through our 24 inch door? Thanks. Chuck
Old 10-22-2016, 01:38 PM   #10

[QUOTE=chuckbear;3303871]We want to replace the older, uncomfortable Flexsteel jacknife sofa in our 1999 Bounder. We do not have slides and of course will have to deal with the 24" door opening. I have no intentions of disassembling the coach or windows to get the sofa in. Re-upholstery is not an option because everyone wants more to recover it than something new will cost. Because of space constraints, recliners will not work for us and we want to keep a sofa. Replacements are available from Flexsteel, but nothing we can get excited about, and of course we don't want to spend thousands on this. It does not have to be a sleeper but nothing else seems to be able to fit through the door. I'm sure others have tackled this and I am looking for suggestions on what you used and where you located it. Doing a web search brings up lots of options but also leaves lots of questions regarding quality, fabric and longevity. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Chuck[/QUOTE.

We bought a love seat recliner from Shop4seats. Paid $230 extra for a quick build (2 week build). Couch wasn't ready on the day that I went to pick it up. I got half of my quick build money back & shop4seats paid to ship to me. The workmanship was awful. Took it back for repairs & they agreed to make us a new love seat. It was suppose to be done last Thursday & they would call to verify. Guess what no call & loveseat not finished as promised. Richard Valdez was going to make an arrangement to pick up loveseat today. I called this morning & nobody knows about the arrangement. Be aware they lie & don't follow through.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:43 PM   #11

The new sofa is in. The decision was a LazyBoy recliner sofa. It's a bit larger the the Original jackknife but fits just fine. And man, is it comfortable. As it turns out, with the wall hugger model, there is plenty of room to recline. Thanks for everyones suggestions. Chuck
Old 04-17-2017, 06:42 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Rock wood;
Where did you get it at? I'm looking for that as well? Can they match your ultra leather as well? Regards
Old 04-17-2017, 07:07 PM   #13

Sorry, we bought it from a local furniture company. But do a Google search for LazyBoy recliner sofas and you will get all kinds of info and options. You can also contact a local LazyBoy furniture dealer near you. Chuck

Tags
ace, replace, replacement