Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2015, 11:46 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
All of what you have posted makes perfect sense ..... To you. The title of this thread asks should I replace or add to the current sofa bed mattress. Our MH gets used in a few different scenarios. We camp alone. We camp with family and we attend races. All of these situations require different sleeping needs. When alone the sofa bed is a sofa. With family or friends we can go with the couch, the bed and or the table. When doing NASCAR we need beds. Our company don't need or want to sleep on the floor. We are not full timers so the extra storage space isn't a necessity. Great project but does nothing to solve my question of what others have done to improve the sleeping comfort.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2015, 12:16 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Our answer was to purchase an inflatable (the first was too high) that is about 6" and both inflates and deflates electrically. One of the great things here is to leave the mattress that came with the couch and just place this on top so that when deflated you can leave it on and it still folds up. Very comfortable even for a big guy.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:52 PM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
I have an Air Dream Ultra in my sofa/sleeper. It's very comfortable, takes about 2 minutes to inflate or deflate. It has a mattress on the bottom and a replaceable air bladder for the top that is inserted into the mattress cover. I've had to replace the bladder and that was a lot cheaper than replacing the entire ensemble. You can check them out (as well as other options) at Sleeper Sofa Mattress- Mattresses for Sofa Beds- Sleeper Sofa Mattress Replacement which is where I bought my replacement bladder.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT 525HP engine being pushed by a 2007 Cadillac CTS (4 down)
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:15 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Soooo ....... After finally being able to uncover the bus and get into it I find that the mattress that is on the sofa bed is about 52 X 70. I have yet to do a lot of research on this but most everything I've seen is 75 in length. Any ideas where I can find a topper/air mattress in this size ???

Old 04-15-2015, 07:47 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
A foam topper can be shortened with a scissors or utility knife.

That probably won't work with an air bed.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:53 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Don't the toppers come in an encasement ?

Old 04-15-2015, 09:18 PM   #21

We bought a 1-1/2" memory foam topper at Walmart for 59.00. It was only the foam piece. We cut it down with an electric carving knife. Fits perfect, folds up nice and neat in the couch and comfortable to sleep on. Our quests have never complained.
We did purchase a water proof mattress cover just in case the young child had an accident. Really works!

2013 Georgetown XL 378

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

wrapperman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace