A variety of problems have gotten in the way of my working on this floor. Only in the past couple of days have I made any progress.
Here is my latest picture.
- I ended up using a Dremel to raise the underside of the wall enough to get the new board in place. I had to do the same thing to the underside of part of the vanity.
- the backing from the old linoleum showing in this picture has been removed but it took almost 4 hours to do it. I ended up using a dull scraper blade and having to be careful because scraping could lift parts of the OSB rather than just the backing. It was tedious.
I'm going to give the floor a final sanding today, clean it carefully afterwards and start laying the new tile. I want to layout my trim before I put the tile down so that I can start preparing the trim while I wait for the tile adhesive to dry. I'll try to post pictures when I'm done.