Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2018, 07:32 AM   #15

Here are the part numbers 24-234511 and 24-234528 unfortunately I don’t know which is the front or the back not marked on the box. Hope this helps
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2018, 07:42 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrin along View Post
Here are the part numbers 24-234511 and 24-234528 unfortunately I don’t know which is the front or the back not marked on the box. Hope this helps
Thanks, I can figure that out. I just find it odd that the only one on their website for the F53 is not the same ones Ford puts on them. Unless I missed something.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:50 AM   #17

We cross into Ontario at Sarnia at least once a year and run I69 or more often I94. We're sitting in Milton Ontario right now. Both 69 and 94 in Michigan are real pigs. Our 40 footer rides at the mercy of the road quality it seems. On this trip I found 2 broken eggs in the carton in the fridge. I've weighed several times and got the tire pressures about where they need to be. I could drop 5 psi on the front and was thinking about trying it for the trip home.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:50 AM   #18

Koni shocks and Sumo Spring front and back will fix your ride.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:23 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
Thanks, I can figure that out. I just find it odd that the only one on their website for the F53 is not the same ones Ford puts on them. Unless I missed something.
Tom I called the company direct in Mooresville NC and ask which shock replaced the oem,and they gave me these numbers.They also said the oem shocks are valved much stiffer to carry heavy loads.I bought mine from Shock Warehouse,they had the best price.Good luck.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:54 PM   #20

Welcome to the forum!

We're sorry that it took a problem for you to join us and we hope that you will stay engaged in the forum after you have a resolution.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:16 PM   #21
WBA

My MH is a 2018 Winnebago Sunstar LX30T.
I have the F53 also.

I just installed the Roadmaster front and rear sway bars and steering stabilizer.

This made a big improvement in the ride of the MH. Very happy with the results so far.

My next mod are the Sumo springs.
Will do this in Sept.

Lastly will do the Koni Shocks if necessary.

After that, I am done!!!!
Old 08-06-2018, 08:14 AM   #22

Same Problem with My Coach

I still have similar problem on my Workhorse W-22 chassis.
I have done several things without much success:
1. Sumo Springs
2. Koni FSD shocks
3. Front & rear track bars (helps leaf spring flexure)
4. Coach weighed on 4 corners and tire pressure adjusted

I may eventually change out the front tires (Michelin XZE) which are truck tires with high load carrying capacity and stiffer sidewalls. I may switch to XRV tires which have lower carrying capacity, but a softer ride. I confirmed that they are a softer ride at the Michelin booth at the last FMCA Rally I attended.
MaggieMay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:17 AM   #23

Sumo spring is your best bet all four corners
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 03:00 PM   #24

Everybody is trying to sell you shocks!

Air pressure is the first step - do that and then see if you want to shell out $400 (or whatever) to have your shocks changed.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:24 PM   #25

I have the 16K chassis short wheelbase 2015 build. I'v taken to calling my RV the Bonecrusher, so going through the same stuff right now. When I picked it up from the dealer it had over 100lbs in the tires. Going to placard spec of 86lbs helped. Sway was not a big issue but CHF improved that. By the time I got home from the dealer 600 miles away, it sounded like a couple of paint cans rolling around under the bed - the rear sway bar bolts & bushings were so loose I could tighten them by hand. I had them tightened them to spec and that helped plus no more paint cans rolling around. Front was way out of alignment and had that done and tires balanced. As has been mentioned, all these low cost things help incrementally, but still extreme rough on bad roads and good roads with expansion joints, bridges etc. I think I'v read every opinion on this forum and others as well as talked to a couple of good truck chassis guys. I'm thinking the Sumos are the next increment and hopefully that will get me to a more comfortable ride. I'd love to change this little RV's name!
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote