Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2015, 01:03 PM   #1

Solution for old TV in dash Fleetwood Pace arrow Vision

I have a Pace Arrow Vision 1999. There is a TV in the dash between the driver and the passenger. I saw that many people simply put a flat tv there.

I have a much better looking solution. I put an Electric Fireplace the same size in this area. I paid 60$. My model look like this one: Electric Fireplace-stove CS3311. Look for it on the Internet. This is not the model I have so look for the dimensions first.

Then I bought a TV bracket from Home Depot. This is call Travel TV bracket. I installed this bracket over the passenger seat bolted on the wood furniture behing the passenger seat at the top. A 29" TV will fit. If you buy a bracket converter to support a bigger TV you could go up to 32".

This bracket comes with two wall support so you can move the TV from the motorhome to your house. In my case I put the second support on the outside wall so we can watch TV outdoor.

I bought another bracket for the bedroom. I remove the old TV. There is a square in wood around the hole. I turn it on the side and I bolted the bracket support on it. Your TV should be max 29" for the room. The second wall support for this TV can go outside too so the kids can play with the game console while you watch TV outdoor.

Be careful outdoor, put the TV not to much on the end of the awning so that if it rains, you have less chance to have water on the TV.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2015, 02:53 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Can you please post some Pic's?
I want to add a flat screen in the bed in front so it swings down.
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:56 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would think and be cautious of having that much heat located and concentrated that close to the ceiling. Everyone knows heat rises. I suppose a ceiling fan that can blow the heat down would make it safer.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
I would think and be cautious of having that much heat located and concentrated that close to the ceiling. Everyone knows heat rises. I suppose a ceiling fan that can blow the heat down would make it safer.
I had a 99 pace arrow... my tv was on the floor???
Old 02-21-2015, 03:40 PM   #5

We had a 1999 Pace arrow Vision and it had a CRT TV on top of the dog house and part way into the dash. You pulled a lever and it raised up off the floor/doghouse to a better viewing height, part of the dash hinged up with the TV.
Sounds like a good idea putting in a fireplace and relocating the TV.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:30 PM   #6

I'd like to see pics as well. This sounds like a clever set up.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:08 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoran1973 View Post
X2!

I'm in the process of rethinking/reconfiguring my tv location. I moved it from the center dash to the middle upper dash (I removed the middle door). I was thinking about putting the flat screen back in the center dash but your idea sounds really good. After our last trip, I told my DW how a electric fireplace could be a nice addition for heat at a campground.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:40 AM   #8

A source for TV mounts, including full motion wall mounts, at great prices is Wall Mount Brackets - Monoprice.com I got the mount for my above the windshield flat screen replacement from them. The bottom gravity spacer was not suitable for the downward tilt, so I used metric bolts from the back to secure the TV. It's been working for 3-4 years :<)
Old 02-23-2015, 09:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
I had a 99 pace arrow... my tv was on the floor???
Yes, I forgot to say the old TV was on the bottom dash.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:30 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
We had a 1999 Pace arrow Vision and it had a CRT TV on top of the dog house and part way into the dash. You pulled a lever and it raised up off the floor/doghouse to a better viewing height, part of the dash hinged up with the TV.
Sounds like a good idea putting in a fireplace and relocating the TV.
Yes you full a lever and it raised up. There is two piston (schocks), one on each side. I removed one of the two arm piston because the weight of the fireplace is much lighter. It is perfect.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:32 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineerRick View Post
A source for TV mounts, including full motion wall mounts, at great prices is Wall Mount Brackets - Monoprice.com I got the mount for my above the windshield flat screen replacement from them. The bottom gravity spacer was not suitable for the downward tilt, so I used metric bolts from the back to secure the TV. It's been working for 3-4 years :<)
The Travel TV I suggest is this one:
Ready America Travel TV Wall Mount Kit-MRV3500 - The Home Depot

It is built for Marine and RV. It comes with TWO fixture for the wall so you can move your TV from RV to Home or from Inside RV to outdoor RV.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoran1973 View Post
Here is some very bad pictures of the modifications.

Notes in english

- I plugged the fireplace in the outlet at the drivers feets. This 120v outlet was used by the old TV. Open this 120v outlet and bypass the 12v relay. This relay was used to cut the 120v to the TV when the Ignition is on. If you want the fireplace to work even when driving, remove this 12v relay.

- I picked a fireplace that has two switch on/off. One cut the heat. So you can use the fireplace without the heat. At night time we always turn on the fireplace. It really create a nice ambiance.

- The TV in one of the picture is strapped. This is the way we put the TV when we travel. When we stop, we turn the tv toward the back for the motorhome. The TV bracket is bolted on the wood cabinet behind the passenger seat. So the TV is over the co-pilot seat but the arm comes from the right side of the tv.

- If you can not screw the bracket on your TV because the holes distances is not the same, you can buy on ebay a "tv bracket adapter plate". Search for this on google image and you will understand.

- You can see in the kitchen the ceramic job I did. Only 4.5 inch of ceramic and it creates a division between the kitchen and the dining room without make the RV feel small.

- You can see the ceramic I did for the stairs.

- I put new carpet on the cover of the engine between the driver and the passenger. There is ceramic on the wall at the drivers feets and passenger feets.

- I don't have now better picture for the fireplace.

- I covered the chairs with new tissue. Very easy job.

- I installed the floating floor in the direction of the width and not of the lengh so the RV look bigger inside. I put the floating floor up to the front to make the RV longer and bigger. So the floor goes under the feet of the drivers and passenger.

- I have put a white vacuum trap for the broom in the kitchen. Underneat I put a 24$ small shop vac with a 12V relay. The 12V relay is connected to the door trap to act as on/off. I take the 12V from under the fridge 12V cables. I added a 120v outlet for the Shop Vac underneat. With no carpet, there is no need for a vacuum cleaner hose. The 500k Allegro bus 2014 do exactly like I did. If you don't have a 12v relay, use the one I suggested in my post that you should remove from the 120V outlet at the drivers feets outlet.

Notes en français:

Voici des photos du foyer électrique de mon Fleetwood Pace Arrow Vision 36.5 1999. J'ai mis ce foyer en remplacement de la vieille TV analogique.

On peut voir que la nouvelle télévision 32" est placée avec un bras acheté chez Home depot aux États-Unis. Ce bras a deux fixations pour le mur. Ainsi on peut déplacer la TV de la maison vers le VR et vice-versa. Dans mon cas j'utilise la deuxième fixation sous l'auvent à l'extérieur du motorisé. Ainsi on peut écouter la TV à l'extérieur. Il ne faut pas mettre trop vers le bout de l'auvent pour éviter que la pluie n'endommage la télé. Le bras de la télévision est vissé sur le côté de l'armoire en bois qui est situés derrière le passager. Donc la TV est au-dessus du siège du co-pilote mais le bras arrive du côté droit de la TV.

Si les trous derrière votre téléviseur n'ont pas la même distance que ceux du support de TV alors il vous faut une adaptateur. Chercher sur ebay ou sur "Google Images" ceci: "tv bracket adapter plate".

J'ai fait de la céramique dans la cuisine. Seulement une bande de 4.5 pouces. Cela permet de créé un effet visuel qui sépare les pièces sans rapetisser le VR visuellement.

Le plancher flottant est fait dans le sens de la largeur pour agrandir visuellement côté largeur. Il se rend jusqu'en avant complètement, donc même sous les pieds du chauffeur et du passager.

J'ai recouvert en 1 soirée les chaises de la dinette.

J'ai fait de la céramique dans l'escalier.

J'ai un porte-poussière automatique dans la cusine. C'est le petit portillon blanc. Sans tapis on n'a pas besoin de boyau d'aspirateur car un simple balais est plus rapide. Le porte-poussière agit comme un bouton on/off quand on ouvre le clapet. J'ai relié cet interuppteur on/off à un relais 12V qui permet d'alimenter l'aspirateur 120V. On peut trouver du 12v dans des fils 12V sous le réfrigérateur entre autres pour le détecteur de gas. J'ai utilisé un shop vac à 25$ chez Canadian Tire que j'ai mis dans le compartiment du bas. J'ai ajouté une prise électrique 120v pour l'aspirateur. C'est le relais 12v qui commande la prise électrique. Vous pouvez extraire le relais 12V qui est aux pieds du chauffeur dans la prise électrique. Elle n'est plus nécessaire à cet endroit.

J'ai changé le tapis sur le cache-moteur entre le chauffeur et le passager. J'ai mis de la céramique en contre-marche au pieds du chauffeur et du passager.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:58 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbilodeau View Post
The Travel TV I suggest is this one:
Ready America Travel TV Wall Mount Kit-MRV3500 - The Home Depot

It is built for Marine and RV. It comes with TWO fixture for the wall so you can move your TV from RV to Home or from Inside RV to outdoor RV.
I forgot to say that it comes with a strap for when you travel. But the TV don't really move even if you forget to strap it.

J'ai oublié de dire que ce support de télévision de voyage pour votre VR motorisé vient avec une sangle pour l'attacher lors des déplacements. Toutefois les TV ne bougent pas vraiment même quand vous roulez.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:04 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Can you please post some Pic's?
I want to add a flat screen in the bed in front so it swings down.
Tim
I will try to find a picture.

Also, see my other posts on other threads by clicking my logo. I show my solution for an Inverter.

Tags
dash, fleetwood, pace arrow