Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2015, 03:24 AM   #15

Why would Ebay or Craigs List be any different than RVtrader? I found with RVtrader I had the least amount of traffic. I may be dependent where you live. For Craigs List, I posted on 5 different lists in the area. Attracted a fair amount of traffic. Nothing but junk from RVtrader and no hits on 2 forums.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2015, 05:03 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you have an accurate description, good pictures and most importantly priced right, your unit will sell. You have to have those three elements, the medium you use is your choice, but i have always have had good luck with Craigslist. Of course, the do have the classified section on this site also.

Old 08-21-2015, 09:16 AM   #17

I have bought and sold M/H's on both Craig's List and eBay. Both work well if you have good pictures AND you publish your phone number so interested parties can talk to you and get their questions answered. Never had much luck w/RVtrader and the like.

The last motorhome I sold was on Craig's list. I live in NE Okla and publish in Tulsa, OKC and Dallas. I sold it to a guy that lives in far eastern Missouri and he saw my ad in the Dallas CL post. This was in December as well!!
vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:33 PM   #18

Send a message via Skype™ to rccrafters69
We just delivered the motorhome to new owners. Placed an ad in rvtrader and the first hour it posted they called and wanted to see it. We got 3 other calls interested in it plus the other ones wanting to help us sell it. We also had two cons with the Paypal scheme.
rccrafters69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:07 PM   #19

RVTrader worked well for us. Lot's of hits and serious offers pretty quickly. RVT was also pretty good. We considered PPL, but would have lost about $14,000 going that route. Glad to hear you were successful!!
John219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:20 PM   #20

Send a message via Skype™ to rccrafters69
Now have 10 days wait to take delivery of our new one. Feels strange with no wheels.
rccrafters69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 05:44 AM   #21

When we sold our 5th we listed it on Rvtrader, Craigs and Ebay. Same listing. Why would Trader be "more trusting".

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:00 PM   #22
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
When we sold our 5th we listed it on Rvtrader, Craigs and Ebay. Same listing. Why would Trader be "more trusting".
I agree!
Personally, I have had good luck on eBay. My first was a 2006 Super C Seneca Jayco. It was on eBay by a dealer in Rochester, NY. I mad him an offer higher than the current bid, and much lower than the "Buy it Now" price. After several telephone conversations I bought the Jayco and it was exactly as described. Of course it was only a year old and had 4K mi.
If the item is not as described, you can always reject the deal after you see it. But, the more prepared, as a buyer, you are to ask questions of the seller, the better chances for no disappointments. I had that C Class for four years and sold it on Craig's List for around 15K less (don't remember the exact figures) than what I bought it for.
So, yes, there are times when one can get some good deals on eBay!
Old 08-30-2015, 11:03 PM   #23

Great I was thinking about selling my 2015 Challenger. Guess I will check those sites out. Since I'm solo now I want something smaller.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:13 PM   #24

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikensallyt View Post
Great I was thinking about selling my 2015 Challenger. Guess I will check those sites out. Since I'm solo now I want something smaller.
I'm hoping that I'm not going to be in your shoes but the DW has liver cancer and the prognosis isn't good right now. We had just bought the Magna a month or two before the diagnosis.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:59 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I'm hoping that I'm not going to be in your shoes but the DW has liver cancer and the prognosis isn't good right now. We had just bought the Magna a month or two before the diagnosis.
Oh man, I'm praying for you both. The wife and I finally made the big jump in Sep 2014. We ordered one from the factory (THOR), even flew up there to order it and had a great tour of the area. Was in the same situation as you are now. I pray everything turns out better than ours did. May God bless you and yours.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:44 AM   #26

Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Nothing I can say to ease you and your wifes' pain, but I will add you guys to my daily prayers that God will smile on you and work one of his miracles.

God Bless,
Ken

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, motorhome