Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #29
Last year I bought a 1997 Fleetwood Pace Arrow. It had 27k miles and 300 gen hours. I have spent a year restoring and renovating the coach. It looks like new now. It has the Ford 460 v8. We put about 4500 miles on it last year and had a blast. With all of the front engine class coaches.. I wonder why no one has made a "diesel puller" ?? I found a website that sells conversion kits ford to cummins. That would be so cool. A 5.9 with a turbo upgrade and tune would work wonders. Surely I am not the first person to wonder about a conversion. The only thing that would stink is a new diesel gen and rear differential ratio swap and that it would cost 20k to the average person. Lol

1996 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 50A upgrade!
Who thought that owning a motorhome could be so expensive..errr FUN!! HAPPY CAMPING
Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #30
Originally Posted by Staley
With all of the front engine class coaches.. I wonder why no one has made a "diesel puller" ??
I have an isuzu powered front engine turbo diesel. Made in 1991

Mark '91 Alexxa 28' Isuzu 4cyl turbo diesel
10.5-12mpg towing a honda civic
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #31
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Originally Posted by Staley View Post
. With all of the front engine class coaches.. I wonder why no one has made a "diesel puller" ??
They used to make a few of them...most of the owners complained of the noise and smell.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #32
My mention of multiple uses of floor space I made reference to Murphy beds. Here's a couple of pictures of what I mean. It could be anything other than a sofa. Just as long as the bed is out of the way. How about room for a model railroad setup?

WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #33
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
They make tankless water heaters for Motor homes.. When/IF the Attwood in my coach ever fails.. I'm going to seriously consider them.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #34
There's more than one way to make better use of floor space. This is the HIDDENBED SITE:

Hiddenbed - Double Your Space!
This is a Hiddenbed queen size with DESK. Notice laptop stay open. This queen size is longer than what is in my MH. An adjustment on length would allow it to fit my ceiling height. I'm sure others have taller ceilings than my MH. I linked those photos here because this type setup seems most useful.

The slide for my bed in my MH is a waste. No innovation. I can't even use the room when the slide is retracted !
Old 03-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #35
Monaco Owners Club
How about built in maid service.

2004 Clss C 31' Winnebgo
OLYLEN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #36

I'm sure they're working on it. A couple more years.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #37

Workhorse Chassis Owner
That's a nice looking setup Woody, but everything is a compromise. A slide would be nice to have when using the hiddenbed in bed mode, and you can't store anything under the hiddenbed. But for a dorm or apartment it would make a nice piece of furnature.
Steve & Nancy
2005 Itasca Sunrise 33', W20 Chassis, Ultrapower, Henderson Trac Bar
2012 Chevy Captiva Sport AWD, ReadyBrute Elite Tow Bar, Blue Ox Base Plate, Protect-A-Tow
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:56 AM   #38
I like the idea. A shallow slide could add nice additional room w/o being stuffed full of bed that is not needed but once a day. Very attractive set up you pictured.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:13 AM   #39
Murphy bed with sofa

I should have shown this instead of just the links. I actually like this type setup better than the Hiddenbed. My main point is there are choices which I think should be made available. Plus this has room for storage under the sofa. There's no right way possible. Everyone has different tastes and needs. All we need is crafty designers of the MH's

Old 03-11-2011, 07:23 AM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Originally Posted by Olive View Post
Agree that is a Newell list. Some of the items sound good though. FYI, Winnie roof vents and skylights are double paned. For the roof vents, Fantastic Fans makes a heavier motor for Winnie coaches because the lids are double pane. Never noticed it until fan people told me.
Wow, that surprises me. Our Allegro Bus came with single pane lids and I had Fantastic Vent send me some dual pane insulated lids so that I could upgrade. They really aren't any heavier than the single pane and they lift just as fast with no stress on the motor.
Mark & Leann Quasius
2016 Cornerstone 45A
2007 Allegro Bus 42QRP (Sold)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:40 AM   #41
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by Izzyblueye View Post
I don't even want to contemplate the cost to the end user for these very nice mod's.
Let's look at the cost of SOME of those items.

Basically a 2nd water pump and a few feet of PEX.. Not much there

I'm nto sure what this is less they mean a heat pump, and many rigs have that already

The standard Onan Generator in most motor homes can be ordered in this configuration, no extra cost, zero, zip, in fact I don't know why it's not already that way.

I'm not sure I'd want this.. but a device to automatically lift the wipers off the windshield would be nice.

A few dollars however there are other concents.. I only have 12 inches of "Clearance" between the top of my air conditioner and the legal height limit on my coach, some have more, some less.

One to two hundred dollars more than the common ATTWOOD 6 Gallon

I thin he is talking about the "Air Tabs" and the cost of molding them into the coach is zero.. absolutly zero.

No cost, or very low cost. Just a change in software.

No, I don't want that, requires you have electricity to cook the current gas cooktop works without electrical power.

So many of these improvements would cost very little. and a few of them nothing but a mind change at the designer's or the stroke of a pen.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #42
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok..... I will type slow because this can get confusing and I havent seen it suggested yet.

One. Install a queen size Murphey Bed in the back of your coach.... (easy)

TWO. Use the available technology used in some of the better ''slides'' already in usage on our coaches and make a slide on the ''BACK'' of the coach that would extend out about six feet from the back of the coach. By doing this we could SHORTEN OUR COACHES BY AT LEAST FIVE FEET. The slide would be solid like my living room slide and not made out of canvas like on the trailers I have seen. To close the slide you raise the Murphey bed and secure it to the wall and ''SLIDE THE REAR END OF THE COACH FORWARD'' just like my living room slide works now. When you stop to camp, SLIDE THE BACK OF THE COACH OUT, LET DOWN THE MURPHEY BED and you are ''home'' again.
Three.... Advantage........ The motor home could be made shorter and lighter with all the convenience of a queen walk around we now have.
Dis advantage.... No bed to lay down on while you are traveling.

If you use this great idea you will have to pay me ten cents and you can pay me the next time you see me..

God bless our troops and bring them home real soon......

Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote