Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2018, 09:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbwr View Post
I agree so much with the point made. It's no place to get into an argument nor chastise others. It's one thing to disagree and give a different point of view, but things shouldn't get ugly.

And....yes, a lot of threads are repeats. But, IMHO, the search engine here doesn't make it easy to find stuff. It's much easier to do a Google search and then use the links that take you to this or other RV forums. And, a lot of new folks don't mean to offend...they just want to get some help.

The iRV2 search is a Google Custom Search. this site pays Google for it.
Solo_RV_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2018, 06:37 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
The iRV2 search is a Google Custom Search. this site pays Google for it.
Yes, I agree. However, my results using the search have not been very satisfactory. I admit that it may be my fault and I don't understand how to get the most out of the search engine. My point is that the casual computer user that starts exploring this site will encounter the same problems or results.

Consequently, forum participants should understand this and simply help posters find the information they need. Or, if they just don't have the patience to deal with another thread that has been addressed many times, just skip the thread and move on. That's what I've done in the past.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:56 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
I have to admit there are two subjects that I cannot resist getting involved in...what size rig for public CGs and boondocking with a residential refrigerator. Why??? Both have cost me a fair amount of money, OK the residential only a couple thousand dollars but the size,$$$$.

While I’m fairly new to IRV2 I’ve been on RV.net for 14 years. I made the mistake of starting with a 36’ MH because of posts that said 36’ was the biggest for NP, SP, USFS..... did not take long to learn that’s NOT true. Trading is expensive and after 4 tries I’ve gone to the max and no, 45’ is not for everyone, even if you are FT but I would recommend 40-42 ‘. Not sure how someone with a smaller rig knows where I can get mine...seems like those are the ones posting 36’ max.

I put way too much money into keeping a NoCold 1200 going as we dry camp often and a residential is supposedly not any good for dry camping. Finally went residential...best mod ever for a big rig that is already a energy hog. By adding two more batteries and another charger I’ve actually reduced my generator time when dry camping. Putting a residential in a TT is probably not a good idea as it likely does not have an inverter and only has two batteries plus no easy way to add more.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:58 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandss View Post
I have had boats, motorcycles, a wood shop, and now we have a motorhome. One thing that is consistent when I join the related forum is that it seems inevitable that there are really angry, sad, upset people that get so mad with their responses or take such offense to someone's response. I've never understood this.
I read some of the diesel versus gasser thread I believe the OP was referring to and do so just to be entertained by remarks.......

And as I watch this thread startling to go south I am reminded of one thing - how lucky I am.

I am lucky because I cannot afford a new DP of a brand I would consider.

I'm just a retired old solder, living a simple life as I have during all my service years. I am lucky because I have a great wife and enjoy a bountiful life full of friends and travel.

Maybe I should Google, "Happy Wife, Happy Life" to get similar threads but decided to share my happiness with you fine people.

And since it is Veterans Day, a big shout out to my fellow Veterans, thank you for my Freedom.

To those who did not serve, say "Thanks for my Freedom" to a vet today, their sacrifice allows you to enjoy the life you do today and have the "freedom" of choice between a gasser and diesel.

g
Old 11-11-2018, 07:28 AM   #19

There are days I wonder “why”.......

There are opinions and there are facts.

There can be many right ways to do things, but there are also many wrong ways to do things; many wrong things do not have a free “reset” button.

Just because you’ve done something one way for 20 years does not mean it is the only way / right way to do something.

And finally, lets end the the erroneus assumption that everyone on this forum is a 70+ year old, white male, Christian / conservative / Republican, Veteran , who “knows without a doubt” the perfect (and only “real”) RV is a 10+ year old, pre DEF, side radiator DP. And I mean that in both a funny, sarcastic way, and also a bit serious way...... yep, those things come across pretty clearly in a lot of threads wether you realize it or not , and it would make things a bit less contentious at times if you realize that others may have a bit different perspective on things in your responses.
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:50 AM   #20

It is possible (is it not?) to view these threads more as “entertainment” than pure information exchange. If entertainment, then live and real-time (even if a repeat) makes sense, and just doing a search would lkely seem boring. Those that view this forum strictly as impersonal information exchange would perhaps prefer to just do a search (and skip all that interpersonal real time discussion stuff), and might view repeat threads as redundant and frustrating). To each his/her own i guess.

BTW - i have been on computer based discussion “forums” literally since their inception even well before the internet (they started as live “chat rooms”). There have always been the negative people and people who quickly descend into insults, etc. part of the human condition perhaps?
Old 11-11-2018, 07:51 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
I try to post 'information' that I know to be correct and accurate

I do make attempts to 'correct' information that I know is not right or misleading
Problem with 'written word' is the one reading may have a different perspective/interpretation of what was written that could be completely 180 out.
That is just the way it is sometimes.

Lively discussions are GOOD.......

Sometimes it is really difficult to 'answer' a question when it is lacking information/details. And then no followup to responses asking for info.

Kinda like......I need a rope/what should I buy?
One that is long enough for 13 wraps and a noose!!!......lol
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:08 AM   #22

People hiding behind computer screens feel more free to act in ways they wouldn’t have the nerve to do face to face
Old 11-11-2018, 08:16 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrktfsh View Post
People hiding behind computer screens feel more free to act in ways they wouldn’t have the nerve to do face to face
Very true.

It information age has isolated people more then uniting them.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:50 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
If you think this forum has too much [fill in the blank here] then you should follow rv.net for a while. I stopped looking at it a long time ago because there were so many angry folks arguing with fenceposts over there. This forum is great compared to some other forums.....

Regards.

Chuck
Old 11-11-2018, 09:03 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Click image for larger version

Name:	coots.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	225616

Jim E. OKC
engine103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:21 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Conditioned Gypsy View Post
If you think this forum has too much [fill in the blank here] then you should follow rv.net for a while. I stopped looking at it a long time ago because there were so many angry folks arguing with fenceposts over there. This forum is great compared to some other forums.....

Regards.

Chuck
nah go over to pirate4x4 if you think some of the others are bad lol
it's the intranet no need to get angry, take it with a grain of salt
Old 11-11-2018, 09:46 AM   #27

Agree. I read this forum because I learn something about RV'ing everytime I open it and I really appreciate the forum. There are definetly charactors from all backgrounds here and that flavors the stew. There is definetly good advice and experience along with some nonsense.

Would Rodney King have asked "can't we all just get along?" if he had not been beaten up for being an ahole? I think not.

Here we go again...
steve11669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:49 AM   #28

Forest River Owners Club
I have problems getting easy use out of the search function also, but do try using it.
I’ve also noticed that many of the folks I see on here who are consistently condescending, defensive, angry do not do signatures or fill out just barely-if at all- the “about me” part. I’ve learned to just skip over the posts I recognize as being from them. I hope this site continues keeping a good set of sideboards on those type of posts.