Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #15

On the Blue Ox....we use the Aventa rated 10k pulling 8k for 9k miles and the is still so tight it holds the arms vertical. Two Minute hook up and we are GONE.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2011, 11:02 AM   #16

Exclamation warranties

I have a son who sells extended warranties, gap insurance, wheel and rimroadside assistance etc. to auto and RV dealers. There's a nice commion for each the dealer, the f&i manager and the agent for the carrier or issuer. They are a great deal for each of those folks, but I'm not sure its such a good deal for the customer. I've had six class A motorhomes over the last 25 years, both new and used. I've never had any extended warranty for any of them and am sure what I've spent on what would have been covered repairs over the years (including one engine replacement) has been far less than the cost of the warranties. As for the roadside assistance, I found sufficent coverage and good service in my Progressive RV insurance policy
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
I agree that extended warranties are a waste of money on some product lines. I generally don't buy them on new cars, motorcycles and the such. However, my experience on the three RV's I have owned is that they have paid for themselves. There are just so many different systems to go wrong. It also helps to have a dealer that knows how to file for the extended warranty coverage. I have had things covered that I did not think was included in the warranty just because the dealer knew how to word the claim.

Also, the price is always negotiable since, as you point out, there is a high commission to be paid through various levels along the sales path.

For those reasons, I think the extended warranty on an RV is cost effective. As for roadside assistance, $95 a year for peace of mind is just good insurance in my mind. I surely cannot change the 22.5" tire on the side of the road and do not have a spare anyway. That is the main reason I carry Coachnet.