Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-30-2015, 08:26 PM   #1
Source engineering fan blade

I have a 2000 Harney with a 3126b cat engine. Rear radiator. Was thinking about changing the fan blade to make it quieter and increase the HP.
Just wondering if any one has any input on this and was it worth it.
emailed Source Engineering and am waiting on a reply. Not sure they even make one for my coach,
Thanks for any input.

busyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2015, 08:34 PM   #2
iRV2 No Limits Club
I contacted Source Engineering about fans and all they had at the time were for the ISB or 3126 which wouldn't work for the ISC and side radiator we had at the time.
They should have something for the rear radiator 3126 you have.

2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:11 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
Newmar Owners Club
I installed one on my previous coach, 2005 Monaco Diplomat, rear radiator ISL 400. It doesn't increase horsepower, but returns horsepower that was used to turn the OEM fan. On the ISL, it was a 25HP increase/return. You could feel it under acceleration and when passing. On smaller engines, they get better results because they're turning faster. The ISC was said to get 40 HP.

I also looked at the Horton which used an electronic clutch. It was a lot more work and was no advantage when hot out or climbing.

There was no cooling loss with the Source Fan, it was identical to the stock fan. I would buy another if I had a rear radiator coach. I also added the DIGICR chip to my ISL which added 52HP. My 36' Diplomat was a rocket, even on the grades, towing my 5500 pound truck. As far as I could tell, there was .3 -.5 mpg.
Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:33 AM   #4
fan blade for Harney coach

Just talked to Source engineering and they said I couldn't use their fan because the cooling system on my coach required the bigger original fan for the needed air flow.
Just thought you all might like to know the outcome.
Thanks for all the replies. I sure wish I could have done this. Sure would have been nice just for the noise reduction.
busyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

engine, fan