Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2016, 02:01 PM   #1

Source Engineering Wax Valve

Hello, We have an 06 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QDP with the Cummins 400 ISL with the side radiator. The Sauer Danfoss fan motor runs at full speed all the time and suspect fan control module and was wondering if anyone had ever changed theirs to the source engineering wax valve? If so were you happy with the change and approximate cost to do so? Thanks for any response.
plweljr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2016, 04:39 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I can't answer your question, but I do buy and use Source Engineering components. I spoke with Jim (usually answers the phone) at an Oregon rally regarding their wax valve. My coach is electronically controlled and I know many have had problems with it running all the time.

What I like about the Source product, but what I thought Jim explained, is that it's variable speed. On runs as hard as needed.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 05:16 PM   #3

I did it about two months ago on my CC. I noticed that the usual noise in the rear bedroom was much more quiet. I noticed some increased mileage.

The cost was 700.00 and I did the work myself. The guys at source at great to deal with. After I installed the kit I left on a trip for California and went by their shop. They checked my installation and even adjusted my ride eight valve for free.
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 06:02 PM   #4

I just had the wax valve and comfort ride valves installed last week at Source Engineering. The max I see coming home on I-5 was 194degs down to 170degs with the trans temp at a steady 170deg all from my Silverleaf.
I have new Koni shocks but the comfort ride valves also made a difference, both well worth it.
If you have the wax valve installed, get an extra gallon or 2 of what ever coolant you use. I had 2 gallons of Cat ELC coolant and they use one.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:14 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
I had the wax valve installed before I took off for the FMCA convention in West Springfield. The ambient temps on the road were in the mid to high 90's for the whole trip across and my motor temps never went over 197. Trans temps were in the high 180's.

Where I would see 195-7 I now see 188 or so with trans temps in the 170 range.

Before you change over, make sure that your controller does have 12VDC applied to it. If it doesn't have 12 VDC, the controller will default to high. Also clean all the associated connectors. Another thing that wil keep the controller on high it your environmental controls. If you have selected air conditioning or vent, the controller will go high
Old 12-12-2016, 06:27 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I installed the Source Engineering Wax Valve after my 2nd sauer-danfoss failed. I'm very happy with the results......Bruce
Old 12-12-2016, 07:34 AM   #7

source engineering wax valve

thanks to all for the input.
plweljr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine