Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-18-2016, 04:14 PM   #1
Spare Rim & Education Question

Thanks for checking my post. I am currently searching for a spare rim for my 2008 F53 motorhome. I have found that the size I am looking for is 19.5x6.75 10 lug. My problem is I am only finding the 19.5x6 10 lug from the f450 & f550 used. I REALLY do not want to pay $550 for a rim. My question is what is the difference other than widths of the 6 and 6.75? Also, is it possible to use the 6 as a spare in emergency situations or is that a bad idea? I cannot find the 19.5x6.75 as it seems the only time they are in salvage yards is when they are damaged. I have searched Amazon, EBay, local salvage yards and a general google search with no results. I did find some on Amazon but due to time constraints I cant wait the 7 days + for shipping. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

Chris Travels is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2016, 04:41 PM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
Try a tire shop that deals with big trucks. They may have a used rim in stock or the price of a new one might be alot better.

Dennis & Marcie & Hook The Jack Russell, 2001 HR Imperial 38wds 350 Cummins, 07 Chevy Trailblazer/Blue Ox/Ready Brake, 04 Dodge 3500 Cummins,
slickest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 04:52 PM   #3
Contact the nearest Ford Heavy Truck Dealer, that rim is used on a number of Ford chassis trucks. Just get a good grip on your wallet and be sitting down when you get the price.
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2016 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD V6
lllkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 04:55 PM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
My rims were made by Accuride, there were part numbers stamped on the rim. I contacted Accuride and was informed that my particular rim was discontinued but they gave me an alternate number for a close match plus recommendations on where to buy. Ended up buying one from a place in Florida. I have 295/80/22.5 size tires, my rim in 2009 was ~$265 including shipping.

You might try a couple salvage yards, try Visione Auto Mart in KY, they have a pretty big inventory of used RV parts.
Jim J
2002 Monaco Windsor 38 PKD
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/5.7 Hemi
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:31 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Try a tire shop that deals with big trucks. They may have a used rim in stock or the price of a new one might be alot better.
This is what I did when mine came without a spare.
Bruce & Nancy
FMCA F280542
2004 Bounder 35E
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:24 AM   #6
You may not be able to use that 6 as a dual.

CG reviews & more - www.fugawetribe.com
johnhicks is online now   Reply With Quote