Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2015, 07:34 AM   #1

Spare wheel

hello friends,
We are from Germany and have bought a motorhome in USA (fleetwood bounder 2007). Unfortunately, the motorhome has no spare wheel.Ist it important in a tire problem to have a spare tire?
Sorry for my bad english
greetings
Ralf

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2015, 08:03 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O4 View Post
hello friends,
we are from germany, and we bought a motor home in florida.
Unfortunately, the motorhome no spare wheel. Is it important to have a spare tire? Or can the roadservice to bring a spare tire?
sorry for my bad english
greetings
Ralf
You did not say what type or size of coach. If it is a diesel pusher usually roadside service can bring a tire. If it is a Class C it might be worth while to have a spare.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:05 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hotly debated topic. I suggest you search the forum for the word "spare" in the title.

To summarize past discussions, some people carry a mounted spare, some people carry just a spare tire and some people don't carry anything and call roadside assistance when they get a flat. The thinking is that it's difficult if not impossible to change a tire on a motor home without heavy equipment so carrying a mounted spare is just extra weight.
jplante4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:08 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I carried an unmounted spare in the rear pass through compartment in my 35E Bounder. My tires were 22 1/2 . It can be very expensive for the roadside assistance Co. to bring you one . They may not be able to find one right away.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:19 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Hi H2O4,
Welcome to iRV2. If the coach has room for a spare tire, consider carrying one. Unless there is a real disaster and the current tire and wheel are ruined, all one needs is the tire. Family Motor Coach is an organization one should consider joining. Go to FMCA is for motor coach and motorhome owners. Motorcoach articles, motor home blogs, motor coach advice and motorhome videos. for more information. FMCA has a program to provide the lowest price for members.

Roadside assistance will being a tire to you and install it. However, one will pay a premium price and it may take them a day or two to find the right tire size.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 04:19 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Please tell what RV you have to get a response from folks who know how to answer. For instance, I have a spare, but that does not help you at all.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 04:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost I View Post
Please tell what RV you have to get a response from folks who know how to answer. For instance, I have a spare, but that does not help you at all.
Their profile shows a 2007 35 Bounder
Old 03-04-2015, 12:29 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I dunno. My last rig had a spare, never used it in six years. My new rig has no spare, but it's riding on 22.5s, I don't know if I could break all the lugnuts to change it. Heck dude, I got a big arse motorhome, which means I got more money than sense. I'll pay someone to change it.
Your english is alot better than my German. I was stationed in Germany from 82-85, absolutely loved it. Welcome to the States, now learn Spanish.
TonyMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
I dunno. My last rig had a spare, never used it in six years. My new rig has no spare, but it's riding on 22.5s, I don't know if I could break all the lugnuts to change it. Heck dude, I got a big arse motorhome, which means I got more money than sense. I'll pay someone to change it.
Your english is alot better than my German. I was stationed in Germany from 82-85, absolutely loved it. Welcome to the States, now learn Spanish.
EPIC RESPONSE!!! I couldn't have said it any better.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:40 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
...Welcome to the States, now learn Spanish.
Actually, they might be better off learning Greek, Turkish, African, (and they already know great English)! Many German's, (while in college, I used to sell used motorhomes/cars/VW Westfalia campers to German citizens while touring the U.S.A. "on holiday" in the 80's-90's, so I met many families), typically holiday in Greece, Turkey, and Africa, (ok maybe Mallorca, so some Spanish too).

The British, who typically holiday and retire in Spain. And, U.S. Citizens who travel in the U.S. SouthWest, and sometimes retire in Mexico/Costa Rica/Ecuador, and perhaps soon Cuba, would do good to learn Spanish!
Old 03-05-2015, 08:06 PM   #11

Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you have a flat can you change the tire? If you can and have room carry a spare, if you have to wait for a service, then let them bring it and save the space, good luck and welcome