RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-13-2019, 01:25 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Ludmilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 537
Specialized Auto Marketing Scam

My ad on this forum generated an email from Mary Miles of Specialized Auto Marketing. She promised me she could sell my RV for more than I was asking if I would just pay her an upfront fee of $350, which is a discount off their "Gold" package. She was a very fast talker and went on for about 10 minutes about how effective she is in selling RVs and kept saying how she would sell my RV at more than what I was asking without any problem. She said they make their money by providing financing for the seller. I went to the web site at:

https://specializedautomarketing.com

It was not a good site with repeated menu items. There were RVs for sale on there. I told her I needed to think about it and to email me their complete contract/agreement so I could look it over. Of course, I never received anything.

Just beware.
__________________

Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2019, 03:27 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 10,992
If she contacts you again.......


Have her send you your asking price via wire transfer and you will send her the title
Then she can sell it for any price she wants
__________________

__________________
Is it time for YOUR Medication or Mine?
Dodge 3500 w/Tractor Motor & NUWA 5vr
US NAVY---USS Decatur DDG-31
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:35 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
les.warden's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Auburn, IL
Posts: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
If she contacts you again.......


Have her send you your asking price via wire transfer and you will send her the title
Then she can sell it for any price she wants


Touché
__________________
Les & Pam
2017 Phaeton 40QBH-All Electric-380 ISL
2016 Jeep JKUS with Ready Brute Elite towbar
les.warden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 05:11 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludmilla View Post
My ad on this forum generated an email from Mary Miles of Specialized Auto Marketing. She promised me she could sell my RV for more than I was asking if I would just pay her an upfront fee of $350, which is a discount off their "Gold" package. She was a very fast talker and went on for about 10 minutes about how effective she is in selling RVs and kept saying how she would sell my RV at more than what I was asking without any problem. She said they make their money by providing financing for the seller. I went to the web site at:

https://specializedautomarketing.com

It was not a good site with repeated menu items. There were RVs for sale on there. I told her I needed to think about it and to email me their complete contract/agreement so I could look it over. Of course, I never received anything.

Just beware.
You got an unsolicited email and then went on to call the number in that email?
__________________
03 Itasca Sunova, Workhorse P32 with the 8.1 and 4L85-E
Mudfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 05:04 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Ludmilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
You got an unsolicited email and then went on to call the number in that email?
I have my RV for sale here on IRV2. She contacted me through that ad and her email looked like it came from someone interested in the coach - there was no business information or email address. I called, and at first she acted like someone interested in purchasing the coach. She asked why I was selling it, how long I had it, etc. Then, after she got me talking, she went into this intense pitch. It was a well rehearsed process.
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:10 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 32
There are all types of scams out there!
HappyCampr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:52 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Sacramento, California
Posts: 1,157
Every time I have posted a vehicle for sale I get at least one of these companies call relentlessly. They just want a piece of the pie.
__________________

Bahamaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spartan Chassis: Is This True or Just Gorilla Marketing? RogueRVer Spartan Motorhome Chassis Forum 6 04-19-2012 06:15 AM
Workhorse Restructures Sales and Marketing Operations; Adds New Sales Vice President DriVer RV Industry Press 1 07-06-2008 03:48 PM
NRV Marketing Go Round Fred and Bonnie National RV Owner's Forum 3 09-22-2007 06:54 AM
Recent Winnebago Marketing Mailer DriVer Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 29 02-21-2007 06:57 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×