Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-04-2015, 03:26 PM   #29
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
I like your post..60-62 is where we've been running cause it's the law in California to go 55 towing,... and it seems that our coach likes that speed..

so my question,...

how far do you drive in one day and for how long...

yesterday I went to Oxnard from vegas...went to get a toad...
I was in the van so 75 mph there most the way... then 65 closer to the coast...left about 10am..finally got there.... had people waiting so I didn't lolly gag....bought the car and headed back...set the cruise at 60 mph only passed one truck out by acton then it was two lane into victorville... othe than stopping for gas ... kept trucking...

fast forward.... now it's 8pm been on the road for 10hrs.... the van has a double bed in it so I pulled in to baker ..100 miles from home .. got an hour nap....then head on in ...

so all in I went about 650 miles or so...gone about 13 hrs...
It depends, if we are on a long trip I like to drive the farthest the first day and get as far away from home, out of all the congestion I can. So far the furthest has been 12 hours covering about 675 miles in the MH. After that it was day by day and stopping whenever we saw someplace we really wanted to camp/explore. Some days it may only be 30 miles, other a couple hundred.

Some of our local trips, Pismo Beach(220 miles),Vegas (255 miles), Laughlin(260 miles), Mammoth Mountain(380 miles), they are anywhere from 4-7 hours in the MH just taking it easy.

Now in a car, we've done what you did several times, Vegas and back in a day.

Mike & Charlotte
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3610
Orange County, California
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!