Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2014, 08:21 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Speedco in Dallas/Fort Worth

I know there is more than one Speedco in the DFW area. Wondering if anyone has comments/suggestions as to which one has the best service, or if there is one to avoid. Thanks.
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2014, 08:31 AM   #2

Not to highjack your post, Mike, but if no one can comment about a Speedco in the DFW area, how about the one in San Antonio? Anyone have any experience with them?

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:56 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Used the Speedco on Loop 12 in Irving a few weeks ago. They did a the job while I waited, less than an hour. After being parked for a couple of weeks, no leaks. The facility was pretty clean. They had the filters for my coach, but Fleetguard is not their provided brand. Next time I will call ahead and have them get the Fleetguard filters for me. I don't have the receipt here but I think it was just over $200.
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:23 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadeadeye View Post
Not to highjack your post, Mike, but if no one can comment about a Speedco in the DFW area, how about the one in San Antonio? Anyone have any experience with them?

Don
I pulled into the Speedco in Amarillo for a fuel filter change on a Monaco Vesta. They did not have the filters and called around but could not locate any but told me they would change them for me if I could locate some. I found some and went back the next day. They changed them for me for the price of a $10 donation to the Make A Wish Foundation. I thought that was a pretty neat deal. The technician they used was very good and careful inside the coach. He allowed me to watch so I could do it myself next time. Hats off to the Amarillo Speedco!
Old 06-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #5

Loop 12 location has been fine. Ask for Grady as your crew chief..... He's very thorough and appreciates a gratuity if you so desire. I had my own filters as they were out of mine. Inland is just around the corner and probably has your filter in stock if you aren't pleased with what Speedco has for your rig.
Planocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:21 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to snewsom
Speedco in Dallas

Went to the Speedco on I-20 in Dallas. Would never go back to this location. They could not figure how to get my oil filter off. They said it was stripped and could not get it off. I told them there was no way because I had changed the oil last time. I had to go down in the pit to show them how to get the oil filter out. The techs were to busy texting on there phones. Got home and did an inspection and found out they rounded the head on my drain plug. Looks like they used a pipe wrench on it. Had to go to cummings to buy a new drain plug. They did not have the fuel filter for my coach. I carry a spare set in my coach. Did not prefill my oil filter and they dumped diesel in the fuel filters with plugging the center holes. Need I say more??
snewsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by snewsom View Post
Went to the Speedco on I-20 in Dallas. Did not prefill my oil filter and they dumped diesel in the fuel filters with plugging the center holes. Need I say more??
snewsom
There is nothing wrong with that!
If/when you pre-fill fuel filters with diesel you are supposed to do it with the center hole plugged.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
snewsom
There is nothing wrong with that!
If/when you pre-fill fuel filters with diesel you are supposed to do it with the center hole plugged.
Mel
'96 Safari
Good to know. See sig. Just had mine done at the dealer.
Pricy! Pricy! $$$$$!!!!
John and Susan. New 2018 Chevrolet 2500 2 WHD . 6.6 Duramax 3.73 rearend. .4 door ,Short, Bed W/Topper. 2017 Grand Design 297 RSTS. Our rescue dog Annie. Still ,Full timing since 07-01-2011. No sticks and bricks.
poppopc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:08 PM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to snewsom
Quote:
Originally Posted by snewsom View Post
Went to the Speedco on I-20 in Dallas. Would never go back to this location. They could not figure how to get my oil filter off. They said it was stripped and could not get it off. I told them there was no way because I had changed the oil last time. I had to go down in the pit to show them how to get the oil filter out. The techs were to busy texting on there phones. Got home and did an inspection and found out they rounded the head on my drain plug. Looks like they used a pipe wrench on it. Had to go to cummings to buy a new drain plug. They did not have the fuel filter for my coach. I carry a spare set in my coach. Did not prefill my oil filter and they dumped diesel in the fuel filters with plugging the center holes. Need I say more??
Sorry, They did not plug the center hole.
snewsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:08 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Glad to have found this topic. I was going to go to the Speedco on I-20 in Dalls next week. There is not one in Austin, so I was going to take advantage of being there. I don't normally let one bad review can change my opinion, but rounding the drain plug and not able to get the filter off seems pretty bad.

Anybody know of a good shop in the Austin area with competitive rates?
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote