Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2011, 12:55 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Just went to the Speedco outside Salt Lake City (on way to Alaska). Awesome place, people, service and PRICE. Had it serviced at Cummins last year - over $500 and was never told had a lose belt! Speedco did the 24 qts, oil filter, 2 fuel filters, water filter, checked and showed differential and torqued the bolts in front of us, greased for $262 including Taxes!!! Outstanding!!!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2011, 10:58 PM   #30

I had my coach serviced at Franklin Kentucky last year. I forget the cost but I do know it was reasonable and the service was excellent.

Has anyone had any dealings with Ripon California?

Thanks Lee
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:11 AM   #31

Speedco

Does anybody us their "LubeTrak" fluid analysis services??????????? No waiting weeks for the results.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestarace View Post
Does anybody us their "LubeTrak" fluid analysis services??????????? No waiting weeks for the results.
Always have the onsite oil analysis. Cool thing is that they print out all previous analysis for comparison purposes.

Big fan of Speedco Brunswick, Georgia.

Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS
FormerBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Anybody try the Spedco in Grants, NM? I'm thinking of giving them a try.
Kevin123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin123 View Post
Anybody try the Spedco in Grants, NM? I'm thinking of giving them a try.
I use the one in Milan (next door to Grants) I40 exit 79. Stop on the way to the Balloon Fiesta. Fast, right price, and the folks are friendy.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We took ours to Speedco in Virginia right off of I81 before entering Tenn., they were very nice to us even gave me a tour of the underside of our rig showing me every grease fitting under there. I give them an A on service!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Well, drove out to Milan, NM yesterday to have the fluid and filters changed on the 2011 Monaco Knight. Very professional and courteous staff. I called in advance to confirm they had the filters for my MaxForce 10. Arrived to find they didn't have the filters after all. Went ahead and asked they service the generator. After they got into it, they discovered the didn't have the two fuel filters.

A great concept, but poor delivery.

Likely won't be going back to Speedco.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #38

Question Regarding Speedco Service in Salem, OR

Hello, I am curious if any of you have utilized the Speedco, just off I-5 near Salem, OR? We have a 40 DP, and it looks like Speedco in Salem would be a good place for getting our coach serviced. We tried Speedco in Kingman, AZ, and were somewhat satisfied with thier service, although the didn't carry all the fuel filters our coach uses. I would expect at Salem, being so close to JC, Coburg and Eugene, Speedco is well experienced in west coast manufactured Class A's? Thanks for any info, either pro or con.
Bill
aksafariman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #39
laj

Just curios, what brand of oil and filters do they use, or is available
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
Just curios, what brand of oil and filters do they use, or is available
Fleetguard filters are their standard.

They also carry CAT filters.

They will also install any filter you have if that is your preference.

Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS
FormerBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #41

If you are finding trouble w/filter stock at Speedco, I'm guessing you'll find trouble most places (e.g. MaxForce should be serviceable off the rack at Navistar locations, but other outfits likely won't stock a full line of MF filters). If that's the case, order online & take your own filters with you. Doing that, Speedco should be an excellent resource for both time & cost. Had mine last change Aug 2010 (ISL) at Speedco on I-5 in Corning, CA. Took maybe 45 minutes (minor miracle as the bay was wide open & I pulled right in), and was $232 w/27qts + Fleetguard engine filter, two Fleetguard fuel filters, oil analysis & top off rear differential. Woulda been $202 for just the LOF. Oil has gone up & I'm due again. I'll find a Speedco somewhere on my route & I expect to pay more now, but the convenience is ridiculous vs appointments at regular truck service outfits, and the price is great.

And some Speedco's are next to Blue Beacon truck wash joints, for a drive-thru wash at a good rate.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #42
laj

Thanks Dave, only use cat on mine, always carry 2 complete sets with me.
Do you know what brand of oil?
laj is offline   Reply With Quote