Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
speedco service

there is a speedco place on the way of my next trip. what is included in their service? Have you used them? and were you happy with the service?

fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
there is a speedco place on the way of my next trip. what is included in their service? Have you used them? and were you happy with the service?
Hi Tom
We just had our first service done by Speedco and were very happy. We bought our used MH in Feb and have no maint records so we decided to be safe and get the oil, filters, and lube done.

Speedco did Oil, Oil filter, 2 Fuel filters, chassis lube, hub lube check, coolant test, Air filter check, and washer fluid.

The MH service is $169 I think, includes 2 filters. We paid for one additional filter, a new air filter, some coolant and SCA coolant additive. We also had them do an oil analysis on the old oil. Our total cost was about $300.

We used the service in Brunswick, GA just off I-95. We were in and out in less than an hour. They were very professional and easy to deal with.

We will definitely make it an annual stop.

Norm & Ellen Proud to be one of the HOOTS
2015 Newmar DutchStar 4369
If I knew retirement was so much fun, I would have done it in my twenties!
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
Our last three services have been at Speedco in South Dallas. Wouldn't think of doing it myself for the price. Lube, oil, all filters including coolant filter and generator (15k) for right at $300. Thirty minutes and back on the road.
2014 King Aire 4593
24' Stacker w/toys = 75' of fun
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
Big fan of Speedco Brunswick, Georgia-have my annual servicing done there for the past 3 years.

Here is a list of what they will do for you:

-Service your generator (oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter)

-Tire inspection with tread depths measured and a written report given to you

-Inspect oil levels and condition of front axle and rear differential-service/change as needed. (I converted to synthethic for 250,000 mile service life)

-Test engine coolant for freeze point and SCA levels

-Change engine oil, oil filter, water filter, fuel filters (Rotella and Fleetguard filters)

-Complete chassis lubrication

-On-site oil analysis (all prior oil analysis will print out for your comparison)

You will be in and out in less than one hour with no appointment and spend about what you could buy the materials for.

One great advantage is your engine and generator oils will be nice and hot for a complete drain.

For me it takes all the stress out of getting the coach serviced for these annual requirements.

1998 American Eagle 40EVS
FormerBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
Thanks for the info sounds like we will hit speedco
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #6
Speedco Service

Has anyone used the Speedco in San Antonio, Texas? Also, what is the up-charge for synthetic?

2001 Cruisemaster/300 Cat/2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring/Acme Tow Dolly
wimberleyman is offline   Reply With Quote