Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2017, 07:53 AM   #1

Splendide wash cycles not working

Our Splendide ARWXF129W washer does not do anything on any wash cycle setting. You can hear a low level hum though but it does nothing. However, when selecting “A” for the rinse setting, it starts there at the rinse cycle and goes all the way through to the end. Anyone had this problem before? How can I get my wash cycles to work?
MO Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2017, 08:54 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Any fault codes displayed on the LEDs? Here is the AW129NA service manual. The fault code table (LED lights flashing) is near the back.

Westland Sales in Oregon helped me trouble shoot my Splendide washer and I ended up replacing my control board. They have the parts.

Hope this helps.
Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGlenn View Post
Any fault codes displayed on the LEDs? Here is the AW129NA service manual. The fault code table (LED lights flashing) is near the back.

Westland Sales in Oregon helped me trouble shoot my Splendide washer and I ended up replacing my control board. They have the parts.

Hope this helps.
Brian
Thanks, sounds great! I will give it a try.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:31 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Try unplugging for 2 minutes then plug back in. Anything that is computerized can be reset sometimes. We did this a friends LG Dryer. Worked perfect after that, and that was a year ago. It's worth a try.
hawkeye1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:31 AM   #5

Splendide wash cycles not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye1995 View Post
Try unplugging for 2 minutes then plug back in. Anything that is computerized can be reset sometimes. We did this a friends LG Dryer. Worked perfect after that, and that was a year ago. It's worth a try.

.....we had the same problem with ours. I gave up the trouble shooting after many attempts to get it working with Splendide. I finally took it into camping world and with them working with Splendide, they replaced the control board 2 times on the bench and did a few other changes as well with no luck. Finally Splendide authorized Camping World to give us a brand new one. They wanted the old one back for their own research and development. The new one hasn’t given us a problem in two years.

WDK
WillandJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye1995 View Post
Followed your advice and now it works! Couldn’t get behind it so I turned it off at the circuit breaker for a few minutes. We have washed 3 loads with no problems. Thanks!
Old 12-15-2017, 03:00 PM   #7

Keep Westland Sales in Milwaukie,OR phone number handy. They are very friendly and helpful. They also have parts on hand, so you can have it fixed in a couple of days
450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:44 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO Fred View Post
Followed your advice and now it works! Couldn’t get behind it so I turned it off at the circuit breaker for a few minutes. We have washed 3 loads with no problems. Thanks!
Glad it worked, strange how that works. I have done that on several electrical items. Sometime it works, sometimes it don't. Here is another little trick I learned. If you have a Direct TV Box plugged into a electrical strip, sometime you have to remove the plug from the strip and the box will start working again. Resetting the box and unplugging from the wall did nothing. Strange? Glad I could help. Safe travels.
hawkeye1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:44 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Westland will hopefully be able to help you. Their techs are sharp.
The Ariston line is an Australian brand (iirc) that was fairly recently acquired by the same parent corp that owns the Splendide brand (made in Italy). They're both in the same family now, but the Ariston is not a Splendide product. However, I have confidence that the Westland Sales support techs will have climbed the learning curve quickly.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote