Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2014, 11:30 AM   #15

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSepulveda View Post
I didn't have the dryer on. After trying the fix as recommended three times, then I tried drying something and it still didn't work. When you mention opening and leaning it manually, what am I leaning and how?
OK; so what you're going to clean will involve taking the top off of the dryer and cleaning inside the heating duct. I suggest you call the Splendide service people at Westland Sales in OR so they can email you pictures of what you need to do. I have a set of pictures for my 7100 series unvented, but I'm not sure it is the same for the 2100 vented model. They might also suggest you run the flush a few more times before you give up and try to open the machine.

docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2014, 08:15 AM   #16

Thanks all! It appears the fix recommended worked. Had to flush about 5 times but now all appears to be working and drying. (fingers crossed)

Lou

Old 08-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #17

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSepulveda View Post
Thanks all! It appears the fix recommended worked. Had to flush about 5 times but now all appears to be working and drying. (fingers crossed)

Lou
Lou:

I'm glad to hear the perseverance paid off! We run the flush process (3 cycles of it) every month or two just to flush away anything that might be building up BEFORE we have a problem. BTW, I don't know if it helps, but when I do the flush I've switched to using hot water since it seems logical that it might further help in breaking up any accumulated crud.

Joel
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
I am happy to report that our machine is back to normal!
I had a restriction in the vent that plugged it up a few weeks ago, which I corrected. I pulled the machine out and cleaned the vent in the back of the machine to be sure all was OK, but it had been obstructed before the fault issue.
I took the top off just to look around. The only difficulty I encountered was the instruction says remove the screws from the back of the lid and lift... You need to push it back to release the front edge tabs before it comes off!
Once the lid is removed the entire dryer assembly is right there on top. Cleaning the sensor should be easy!
For me, the hardest part is sliding the unit in and out of the cabinet. I have to get a neighbor to help.
Thank you again for the advice! I love this site for all the good information you can find!

MikeandRuth is offline   Reply With Quote