I am happy to report that our machine is back to normal!
I had a restriction in the vent that plugged it up a few weeks ago, which I corrected. I pulled the machine out and cleaned the vent in the back of the machine to be sure all was OK, but it had been obstructed before the fault issue.
I took the top off just to look around. The only difficulty I encountered was the instruction says remove the screws from the back of the lid and lift... You need to push it back to release the front edge tabs before it comes off!
Once the lid is removed the entire dryer assembly is right there on top. Cleaning the sensor should be easy!
For me, the hardest part is sliding the unit in and out of the cabinet. I have to get a neighbor to help.
Thank you again for the advice! I love this site for all the good information you can find!
2003 Tradewinds LTC, Dynomax Chassis,
350 Cummins, 97 Wrangler