Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #1

Question Splendide Washer/Dryer

The dryer cycle on my splendide stops before clothes dry even if I only have one item in the dryer. When it stops the lights are all flashing.

Any advice?

Lou

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2014, 01:08 PM   #2

Official iRV2 Sponsor

The flashing lights contain the error code; I bet they aren't all flashing. There's probably one that isn't; most likely the extra rinse one. If so that's the F13 fault. The quick fix to that is the following:

1. Start the unit without clothes and with the dry time off on cycle # 11. When the water stops entering the unit push and hold the start button until all the lights come on then release the button. *NOTE: If the water is not at least half way up the glass repeat this step.

2. Move the cycle knob to cycle # 2 push the extra rinse button then press the start button once (do not hold) then let it run through that complete cycle.

Do this 3 times then try the dryer.

Be sure and follow the instructions carefully. It usually requires me to repeat the first step at least two times before the water comes to halfway up the glass. We do this every month or two as preventive maintenance.

If you have a different error code or want to read the repair manual you can go here: http://www.splendide.com/service/TRA...C_Complete.pdf

docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
The flashing lights contain the error code; I bet they aren't all flashing. There's probably one that isn't; most likely the extra rinse one. If so that's the F13 fault. The quick fix to that is the following:

1. Start the unit without clothes and with the dry time off on cycle # 11. When the water stops entering the unit push and hold the start button until all the lights come on then release the button. *NOTE: If the water is not at least half way up the glass repeat this step.

2. Move the cycle knob to cycle # 2 push the extra rinse button then press the start button once (do not hold) then let it run through that complete cycle.

Do this 3 times then try the dryer.

Be sure and follow the instructions carefully. It usually requires me to repeat the first step at least two times before the water comes to halfway up the glass. We do this every month or two as preventive maintenance.

If you have a different error code or want to read the repair manual you can go here: http://www.splendide.com/service/TRA...C_Complete.pdf
This is very time consuming, BUT IT WORKS. Been there, done that. I am a full timer and use the washer/dryer weekly. I try to do this procedure once a year. That is what the Splendide Tech recommended when he gave me these instructions.
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #4
Rkh

Ford Super Duty Owner
Docj, I was just about to provide the 2100x training guide. It is very good and helped me diagnose a main board failure..
He could very well have all four lights on. low heat, pre wash, extra rinse, low spin. This is an F15 code and indicates an issue with the heating element.
There is a good section of this manual that walks him through checking the drying function..
Old 08-11-2014, 02:33 PM   #5

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkh View Post
Docj, I was just about to provide the 2100x training guide. It is very good and helped me diagnose a main board failure..
He could very well have all four lights on. low heat, pre wash, extra rinse, low spin. This is an F15 code and indicates an issue with the heating element.
There is a good section of this manual that walks him through checking the drying function..
Thanks for pointing that out. It should be relatively easy to tell the difference. When we got an F13 the wash got partially dried but then stopped drying. With an F15 I would expect there might be no drying at all.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:55 PM   #6

Please send the training guide
Old 08-11-2014, 08:27 PM   #7
Rkh

Ford Super Duty Owner
Lou, click the link doc already provided a couple posts back
Old 08-12-2014, 05:19 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
WOW!!!
I am sitting here entertaining myself while I recover from a surgery and I find this thread!
Our unit quit a couple of days ago with the F13 fault. I was waiting until I felt better to tackle it!
We are in cycle 2 as I type....
Is this process intended to give the machine a good flush?

Does anybody have a part number list for the machine?
And, is there a source for parts other than the bunch in Oregon?
They seem fine when you get somebody on the phone, but that is hard to do!
MikeandRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:28 PM   #9

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRuth View Post
WOW!!!
I am sitting here entertaining myself while I recover from a surgery and I find this thread!
Our unit quit a couple of days ago with the F13 fault. I was waiting until I felt better to tackle it!
We are in cycle 2 as I type....
Is this process intended to give the machine a good flush?

Does anybody have a part number list for the machine?
And, is there a source for parts other than the bunch in Oregon?
They seem fine when you get somebody on the phone, but that is hard to do!
It was explained to me that if you do the flush and make sure that the water reaches half way up the glass then you will wash the sensor which is causing the fault. All I can say is that it cured the problem when we had the F13 and we've been doing this religiously every month or two since then and it hasn't reoccurred.

The parts number lists for the units are on this website: Splendide Combo Washer Dryer Technical Education Site

The guys in OR are actually a pretty good bunch. The trick to getting someone on the line is to punch through the voice menu and get a person in any department and then tell them you want to speak to Ryan in parts. He's a good guy.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:42 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Thanks Joel:
All good information! I appreciate it!
I have been lurking on the National thread for a while, but never got into this one until today... Must be fate!
MikeandRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:11 PM   #11
Rkh

Ford Super Duty Owner
OP has yet to confirm what lights are actually on.. Stated all of them were.
Hope he provides feedback
Old 08-13-2014, 09:32 AM   #12

Unhappy

The fix didn't work for me. Ran it three times and when drying I st still get an error. All but the extra rinse lights are blinking. The unit sounds like it's running but it isn't. Some times to stop the unit to start over the power button doesn't work so I have to turn off power at the breaker box.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:33 AM   #13

Official iRV2 Sponsor

You should have had the dryer set to OFF when doing this flush. You should never have had the dryer start to turn on. If that's not what you did I suggest you try the fix again. Otherwise, the option requires the machine be opened up and stuff has to be cleaned out manually.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:02 AM   #14

Splendide

I didn't have the dryer on. After trying the fix as recommended three times, then I tried drying something and it still didn't work. When you mention opening and leaning it manually, what am I leaning and how?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Lou