Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #1

spoke too soon

Hi y'all, we were on the road yesterday and the generator we had fixed two days ago, cut out. The rv tech blew the line out cause it was clogged, but yesterday it ran for about ten minutes and that was it. We are not close to any rv shops so we are waiting to hear back from another rv tech. This is costing a fortune, but I guess that is the price you pay for having your own bed and bathroom for traveling. Most folks we meet at this time of year are just passing thru but real nice. I you are passing brunswick ga you may want to stay here at the coastal rv resort just off I95. They are having a big bbq for the fourth and we will stay till after. Just a pretty park 3 years old with hugh concrete pad pull thrus, all modern. So nice after parking in a field. We are also getting our gas at truck stops, so much easier. We filled up a few days ago but didn't show full on gauge. We found out this morning that a lot of gas stations in fl only go up to $100 and then you have to start again, duh, no wonder we were so low on gas yesterday. Everything is a learning experience.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #2

You will probably run into stations that only go to $75 too. Often I'll walk into the station and hand them my card and have them switch on the pump so it won't stop until I'm full.

Good luck with your genset.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
You will probably run into stations that only go to $75 too. Often I'll walk into the station and hand them my card and have them switch on the pump so it won't stop until I'm full.

Good luck with your genset.

Jim, I never trust a minimum wage station genius to hold my CC out of my sight. If that is the way I can get a fill up, I let my wife stand there and hold the card for them.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:38 AM   #4

So far, in hundreds of transactions, I've never had to worry about it. Having a wife is much more expensive so I think I'll pass on that idea.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Re Credit cards. Personally never had a problem.. Have a friend who rented a car. She had to provide a CC for the deposit, the clerk xeroxed the card info and passed it to his brother who made a bunch of on-line purchases with it, When the UPS man, or in this case, woman, delivered the ill-purchased goods,, Well she had a partner back in the truck,, After the idiot signed, she removed her UPS brown and reveiled her MICHIGAN STATE POLICE blue underneath (Figuratively speaking) Yup, the idots ripped off a State Trooper.. Serves them right to be spending some time in the house of don't wish to go there.

But that was her problem.

As to the generator: You may have a problem with the fuel inlet screen, if it's bad enough it will require dropping the tank to clean it. Or the fuel pump could be starting to go bad.. I had a truck once that did that (Van) Drove me crazy cleaning the carb needle valve every day.