Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #1

Spongy floor

Back from my first trip, had to replace leaking toilet flush valve. WHY do they insist on putting carpet in bathrooms AND laying it UNDER the walls? Anyway, the plywood is not rotten, just the top ply has de-laminated. Any suggestions?
Sugardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
When they build the unit, the carpet goes down and then the walls and cabinets are set in. If the wood underneath is really dry, it needs to be sealed and you may have to add a layer above to level enough for tile or vinyl... If that wood is soft it won't get any better with time...
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugardog View Post
Back from my first trip, had to replace leaking toilet flush valve. WHY do they insist on putting carpet in bathrooms AND laying it UNDER the walls? Anyway, the plywood is not rotten, just the top ply has de-laminated. Any suggestions?
It won't heal itself, rip up the floor and lay down new wood.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #4

Do you have a Fleetwood MH? I had a '96 Pace Arrow and thought maybe my bathroom and kitchen floor had some rot. I pulled all of the old tile off the floors and then proceeded to the plywood. There was no rot but a 2' span with no support anyplace. The flooring was actually 15/64, which is less than 1/4" I trimmed as close to the walls as possible with my small circular saw added a support and some foam for sound deadening. When I put new flooring in I used 3/8" marine plywood. There was no give to anything anymore. We also redid the entire inside with new upholstering, carpet and flooring with laminate. It looked great, ran great, and we really enjoyed it until we found the Newmar the next year. It was eassier to sell with all of the red4ecorating though.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #5

Spongy floor.

Got the carpet out, will cut and peel the top layer, sand and water-proof glue it back. I have some really high tech stuff I used on my outside decks on the house, will put that on top then sheet vinyl. Will post pics as I go along. Thanks everyone.
Sugardog
Sugardog is offline   Reply With Quote