Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #29

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Seems like your just about done. Recommend that you weight the unit after all that work. You may need to balance the rig with your basement add-ins (tools, chairs, grill, etc.) to keep your new ride feel. Just my two cents...

teddyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #30

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ted...Excellent Idea...I think I will take it to the local scales..

Thanks all for the positive comments...has been alot of work but I think it has turned out nice so far...still a list of things to do...I will continue to update the link...

In fact had to replace to battery connect/disconnect solenoid (?-Think I butchered that!) today!

Safe travels!

Old 04-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #31

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Short update...

Installed a new Shower Curtain Rod (one of the expandable kind) to replace the original plastic shower door...Also installed the new front television (29" Flat Screen)

Click image for larger version

Name:	front tv mount.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	393.3 KB
ID:	19626

Next on the list is the new TV in the bedroom...then the Back up camera, camera monitor, new stereo, etc, etc, etc...
Old 04-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #32
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The rig is looking great. I love working on mine and now i know next year i will upgrade the flooring. Wow that looks amazing.

I was thinking about a three pannel shower door. May go for a curtain. The two panel limits access for an old fart like me. How do you like the curtain?

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongwayknt
Short update...

Installed a new Shower Curtain Rod (one of the expandable kind) to replace the original plastic shower door...Also installed the new front television (29" Flat Screen)

Next on the list is the new TV in the bedroom...then the Back up camera, camera monitor, new stereo, etc, etc, etc...
I'm pretty much doing the same stuff with MY new 97 pursuit. It almost looks like the same set up. What did you use to mount the tv. That's my next check on the list
Old 04-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #34

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Taz,

Thanks for the comments! I like the shower curtain, we actualy use a similar one in our house. The original set-up in the M/H was a plastic accordian door style metal framed gold-tinted thing...(that had alot of someone elses old soap on it!) it had to go... We looked at another door style but liked the idea of the curtain rod the bends out while in use and then folds back towards the back wall when not in use. I was able to mount it pretty securely and think it will allow bathing suits to hang from it over the center of the shower to drain without hitting the floor.

Oh and thank you for your service.

Fun,

I used a piece of 1/2 MDF that I cut to shape and secured it with two inch screws spaced around the perimeter and a small amount of liqued nails. Then secured the mount with six SS bolts, washers, lock washers...seemed pretty solid. Two pieces of advise...I used two self tapping sheet metal screws to prevent the tv from moving sideways on the mount (the way it is desgned it holds the rails screwed into the tv securely but allows it to move side to side?) and make sure you drill a hole in the MDF to run the cords PRIOR to mounting it so you don't have to use a metal coat hanger and alot of bleeping to fish the cords thru! ..Opps!!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 05:55 AM   #35

Fun,

I used a piece of 1/2 MDF that I cut to shape and secured it with two inch screws spaced around the perimeter and a small amount of liqued nails. Then secured the mount with six SS bolts, washers, lock washers...seemed pretty solid. Two pieces of advise...I used two self tapping sheet metal screws to prevent the tv from moving sideways on the mount (the way it is desgned it holds the rails screwed into the tv securely but allows it to move side to side?) and make sure you drill a hole in the MDF to run the cords PRIOR to mounting it so you don't have to use a metal coat hanger and alot of bleeping to fish the cords thru! ..Opps!!!![/QUOTE]

Hahaha, sounds like something I'd do. Thanks, and great job so far!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
WOW, I can't believe how this is coming along. The floor looks great and now the new tv up front as well. Where did you find a 29"? By the way do you have any spare time , our coach needs a new floor as well. Again that's one great looking job your doing there. Keep up the good work.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #37

You have done a fine job. It really looks nice. You will have many nice trips with this unit. Have you given her a name yet?
Old 04-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #38

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Great looking job!!!
jclarkfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #39

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quick Update...

Mounted the flat screen in the bedroom (15" ?) after work today...

Name:	bedroom tv.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	19664

and installed a new Roof AC Cover...the old one was getting pretty brittle and was cracked around the mounting screws...didn't want it coming apart at speed and causing an accident behind me or damaging the roof (new last year by the PO)

Name:	Ac Cover.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	19665

Have the day off tomorrow so between the yard and boat work may try to get some more done inside!

Thanks again for all the positive comments!!
Old 04-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #40

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
And I stand corrected the front TV is a 27" (the outside dimension is 29") and nope we haven't named her yet! The things I've called her during the rebuild probably are not appropriate!!
Old 04-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #41

Boy does this bring back memories!! You have done a great job!, nothing like see it re-done huh? Knowing you did it all yourself is satisfying.

Again good job
RUNDLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #42

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Update...

Been busy so I have been slacking on the details the last week!

The last few days I finished some trim details on the inside. Installed four "new" speakers in place of the old factory ones. They were the factory speakers that came in our boat which we upgraded last year. I think the color matches the interior better than the old black ones and the sound is much better!

Name:	frt speakers.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	20056

We are installing a volume control in the bedroom so if someone happens to be back there the driver can still listen to the radio...

Name:	rear speakers.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	20057

Installed a back-up camera with color and night vision...

Name:	back up camera.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	20058

Along with a 7" monitor and a "new" JVC CD stereo...The stereo was removed from my son's Jeep when he upgraded...much better than the old cassete deck that was in there!

Name:	radio & monitor.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	20059

Have to finsih up a few more minor details, been doing some recaulking and working on some OLD bugs on the front and black streaks...once that is done I will be treating the outside with Poliglow which I have hgihg hopes for!!

She's getting there...we are really looking forward to the big trip 59 days and counting!!!!