Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2011, 07:39 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Squeak

We have a 2002 Itasca Suncruizer that has a bad Squeak under the comode area on the passenger side of the coach. I have had the floor check and its not been caused by a leak. We have lubricated all the springs and joints and we just can't seem to fine it. Has anyone had the same problem or any idea's how to correct it.
jeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2011, 07:49 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had a noise in my dash that wound up coming from above instead. I swore it was in my dash so did others. So look up---just a chance in a closed location.

Have some one create the noise and another person/persons go or be everywhere (open basement doors outside, listen and look) to pin point the noise exact.

Good luck these are pesky.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:51 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Could it be the black tank squeaking? Maybe it is rubbing against something, are the mounting brackets are loose?. If so, maybe the squeak would change tone if the tank was full verses empty.
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I hear the squeak when I walk back toward the bedroom.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #5

Jeagle, My 2002 Suncruiser 35u had the same squeak. Look in the outside storage compartment (use flashlight) on the right side under the bedroom.Have someone walk or bounce on floor inside.You may see floor flexing slightly. The 1" square metal beam (horizontal) under the floor is too long a span with no middle support. I cut a 1" x 2" board (about 9 3/8" long, measure first) and wedged it vertically to add a support post. Squeak fixed!
flash1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:29 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash1942 View Post
Jeagle, My 2002 Suncruiser 35u had the same squeak. Look in the outside storage compartment (use flashlight) on the right side under the bedroom.Have someone walk or bounce on floor inside.You may see floor flexing slightly. The 1" square metal beam (horizontal) under the floor is too long a span with no middle support. I cut a 1" x 2" board (about 9 3/8" long, measure first) and wedged it vertically to add a support post. Squeak fixed!
Thanks so much I will try that.