Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-01-2015, 11:54 AM   #1
Squeaky Door

The front door on our coach nearly always squeaks on the road. We've tried closing it hard and easy and neither works. There appears to be no adjustment on the latch. Can't tell if it's the main or screen door. Has anyone else had this issue and solved it. Thanks in advance.

Larry, Beverly & Pat
Pups - Sweetie, Coco, Bodie
2013 Thor Tuscany, 45', Freightliner chassis, Cummins ISL10, towing a Buick Enclave
Big Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2015, 04:34 PM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
I had same problem. It was actually the screen door making the noise. I bought some rubber seal for doors at at Lowes. Put it between the screen door and the outside door and no more noise.

Jerry, "EWC (SW)" USN Retired
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder 505 HP C-12 1550 TQ
Allison 4000MH Ram 4X4 towed
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 05:21 PM   #3
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is a product that has been around for some time. I have a gallon of it but just rediscovered it's many, many uses. We have a window that won't slide. I've had done everything I could think of including contacting WBGO several times with no solution. Somebody on these forums said to use 303. I did and it fixed it.

What does that have to do with your squeaky door??? 303 is a space age product that is used for so many things on the RV it should come with a gallon of it. As far as lubricants I think I have them all but not to many are good for today's rubber products but 303 is. It's good on just about anything including using it as a treatment for the exterior of any coach.

Today I loosened all the screws on the window trim inside the coach. Then liberally sprayed all around then tightened all the screws. WHY?? To stop it from squeaking and creaking as we travel. Its great for all slide rubber gaskets. I sprayed all hinges on the coach inside and out.

It is not cheap at $65 a gallon but there's nothing better for so many items on the RV.

Our coach came with rubber gaskets added between the screen door and the outside door. They have never squeaked.

TeJay (Tim) Auto Instructor 35 yrs (4-yrs USAF) Liz: RN/ WBGO 2014 Vista 30T/ F-53/ CHF/5-Star/Koni/Centramatics * Bella- Golden/Cocker mix & Louie-The cat / All Retired
TeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:27 AM   #4
I have the same problem--it's the latch rubbing against the bolt/lug (whatever the thing that sticks out from the jamb is called). I wrap a strip of duct tape once or twice around it, and that solves the problem. I have to replace the tape after it gets worn through and the squeak returns.
2011 Newmar Canyon Star 3411; Workhorse W22; 8.1L; Allison 6-speed
2013 Honda CRV
Portage, MI
RetiredBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:05 AM   #5
X2 on taping the pin. We use 4-5 turns of black electrical tape. Seems to last for a few thousand miles. Though I've messed with it several times, it's the only cure I've found.
1997 37' HR Endeavor, 275hp Cat, Freightliner
03 CR-V Blue Ox, Ready Brake
ahicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:15 AM   #6
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I very thin film of HD grease on post and door side lasts months.

Full Timers.
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E on a Freightliner XCS chassis with a Cummins ISL9 pulling 1 and/or 2 motorcycles, '07 Honda Accord OR a 17' Runabout Boat.
Fiesta48 is offline   Reply With Quote